Xp Setup from USB

well i have download the file named as usb_multi boot_8

when all the usb multi boot file trying to copy files there were one file not found names as bootfont.bin

which was failed to copy ... is it cause any type of error ? and for what reason it'll not be able to copy .. as i have image to xp cd which was my source.. and this xp has sp3 and i also remove some fonts when i was using nlite to make this cd .. is that error for this reason or any other ?

and one more error occures .. as i finised all job i boot with my usb its works .. but in 3rd option which hi INSTAL WINDOWS XP FOR HDD2 ... as i select this .. there was an error ... unable to read from HDD2 check the location or some think like that ... need help ..

One thing more my usb have file sytem FAT16 and C: is NTFS ...

plz plz kindly help me .. i want to run xp setup from my usb ... i'll be really thankfull to all ... kindly tell me how to get rid of it ...

Edited by piyasa_sager

3rd option which hi INSTAL WINDOWS XP FOR HDD2 ... as i select this .. there was an error ... unable to read from HDD2 check the location or some think like that ... need help ..

-it says "start XP fromHDD2", not "install", and of course you have to have a 2nd HDD with an XP installed on it to run it.

-You double posted in the XP forum, it is not clear wether you want to run XP from USB or run XP SETUP from USB.

-You are mixing the difficulties with a beta ServicePack, and an nLite modified source. Did you not remove ability to install from HDD ?

well i have download the file named as usb_multi boot_8

when all the usb multi boot file trying to copy files there were one file not found names as bootfont.bin

When using Nlite did you select Operating System Options-->Manual Install and Upgrade for removal? You must NOT in order to install from USB. Check if you have winnt32.exe in your I386, if you don't have it- then you did select that option and will need another source.

Is your XP version English? If not- then this file must have been removed by Nlite or you. Find it on your original copy.

and one more error occures .. as i finised all job i boot with my usb its works .. but in 3rd option which hi INSTAL WINDOWS XP FOR HDD2 ... as i select this .. there was an error ... unable to read from HDD2 check the location or some think like that ... need help ..
Well, did you managed to complete Setup or not?

That option is as explained above- if you install on SECOND hard disk.

One thing more my usb have file sytem FAT16 and C: is NTFS ...
Please try to be clear when asking questions, what does FAT16 and NTFS on both disk have to do with anything discussed above? :wacko:

ok i got about HDD2

now i just want to install xp from my usb drive as we do from CD. i read about its procedure and download the usb_multisetp8 file and create a usb drive by following its instructions ... now how can i run xp windows setup from my usb as we can run from xp cd.

guide me plz i think now i clear my question and i am sorry about the post in windows xp i am new here i saw latter this thread of Install Xp from USB.

Edited by piyasa_sager

as u said

"When using Nlite did you select Operating System Options-->Manual Install and Upgrade for removal? You must NOT in order to install from USB"

i did'nt select operating system option i just add sp3, some drivers and remove windows help and support and some languages by using the given options of nlite nothing else ...

and in my xp in folder of i386 i have file of winnt32 file present.

my xp is in english language ..

i have also complete the setup and successfully bot from usb ...

now how to install xp from usb ?

and pardon me about my confusing question :)

Edited by piyasa_sager

hay guys i got it... its successfully run by the usb :) thank you

i have one more question left that if by using nlite include some addon in xp and burn a cd .. and that cd is used as for xp source and make a usb bootable xp... so the add on added in the cd will also be in usb ? can they also be installed from usb with xp ?