XP Install on Dell 1525 Notebook with SATA drive

jwmagno@hotmail.com

I ordered a Dell 1525 that of course came with Vista. I want to downgrade to XP Pro. I'm not sure how to have nLite create the install CD so that the SATA drivers (which I have downloaded) get installed automatically. I understand that XP install by default has you press F6 to install the SATA drivers from a floppy but this laptop doesn't have one and I don't have a USB floppy.

How can I create my XP installer so that the SATA drivers are integrated into it and the installer doesn't prompt me to load them from a floppy drive?

Thanks.

John

if you've got the driver extracted nlite will ask you which type it is, best way is to try it and see :)

if the new disc see's your hard drive during install, it's worked

• 4 weeks later...

has anyone actually followed through and integrated the SATA drivers using nLite? When it gives you the screen with all the different models which one did you select to have it integrate in nLite? I know none of the ones labeled RAID apply, but I can't find an exact match for the 1525 info I got from DriverAgent

Easy select all of the non raid ones! You CAN integrate multiple sata drivers.

I have been integrating multiple sata drivers for well over a year now.

BIG NOTE! Make sure you have the txtsetup.oem file in the same folder otherwise it will not work!

i have the exact same model and dell does not provide xp drivers for this model however you could use the driver packs and get all drivers you need installed at once.

it is pretty strait forward process just nlite your source first and just before making your ISO apply the driverpack to your source.

i tried many different driver set found on dell website but actually none worked they all resulted in Blue screen.

• 5 months later...

Hey Guys,

If you need you can download all the Dell 1525 Windows Xp drivers from these links below,

and don't forget to read the readme.txt file.

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/159290575/DELL_Inspiron_1525_Xp_Bluetooth_Driver.rar

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/159289017/DELL_Inspiron_1525_Xp_Wireless_Lan_Driver.rar

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/159287740/DELL_Inspiron_1525_Xp_Sata_Driver.rar

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/159286795/DELL_Inspiron_1525_Xp_Ricoh_Driver.rar

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/159286757/DELL_Inspiron_1525_Xp_Modem_Driver.rar

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/159286728/DELL_Inspiron_1525_Xp_Intel_Mobile_Chipset_Driver.rar

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/159286697/DELL_Inspiron_1525_Xp_Integrated_Webcam_Driver.rar

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/159286618/DELL_Inspiron_1525_Xp_Ethernet_Driver.rar

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/159286589/DELL_Inspiron_1525_Xp_Display_Driver.rar

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/159286291/DELL_Inspiron_1525_Xp_Dell_Tools.rar

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/159285994/DELL_Inspiron_1525_Xp_Cd-rom_Dvd_Driver.rar

h**p://rapidshare.com/files/159285975/DELL_Inspiron_1525_Xp_Audio_Driver.rar