Flash memory 2GB very low speed

I have Flash memory 2GB with unknown name and is too slow for read and write,I need help to fix it.

Name: Flash Disk (USB2.0)

Logic Driver: M:\

VID&PID: Vid_1976&Pid_6025

Speed: high speed

VendorID: USB 2.0

ProductID: Flash Disk

Product Revision: 5.00

Vendor Description: USB 2.0

Product Description: Flash Disk

Serial Number: 151356001A51AB03

Edited by RYU81

when i put file with size more than 600 MB then i can't delete it, think is fake Flash USB,maybe there way to fix real size or there low formal for this flash.

How long have you had the drive? If you've used it quite a bit, then it might be degrading and it might be time for a new drive. They're fairly cheap nowadays ($15 for 2GB), so you're probably better off getting a new one anyways.

One thing you can try is to optimize your friend's fd for performance. To do that, go to Device manager, in Disk drives section double click on your flash drive. Then select Policies tab and click on Optimize for performance. That should boost the speed of the fd.

One thing you can try is to optimize your friend's fd for performance. To do that, go to Device manager, in Disk drives section double click on your flash drive. Then select Policies tab and click on Optimize for performance. That should boost the speed of the fd.

I can fix this option when I use it in any PC?

Which kind of computer are you using it with?

I've seen similar problems when the computer has some kind of problems with USB, it's usually either something with the drivers or the port is not USB 2.0.

Older computers, some laptops and USB-hubs only have a few or no USB 2.0 ports, the ports may instead be USB 1.x (1.0 or 1.1).

Some cheap USB 2.0 drives are not compatible with earlier USB-versions.

Sorry, but no. This method only enables write caching on the disk, which requires you to use the "Safely Remove Hardware" option when you want to remove the drive. Otherwise, you risk data corruption when you disconnect the drive from your system.

This happens if either

1) Its a fake USB Flash Drive (ex. bought from ebay)

2) If it has corrupt sectors

To see which one is the case try to zero out the flash drive completely using "Killdisk"

If zeroing out process stops in the middle and Killdisk tells you that there are corrupt sectors, then you are out of luck.....time to buy a new flash drive.

If zeroing out process completes successfully, the flash drive is fine. You can check if Killdisk had zeroed out everything using "HxD HexEditor"

After it has zeroed out you will need to format the flash drive. You can format it using HPUSB format utility and format it as FAT.

Now you will be able to see the correct size of your USB flash drive.

I read somewhere that Flash HDDs (actual flash, not solid-state in general) had a really low MTBF compared to magnetic drives (but not as low as optical drives) and this was the number one concern about Asus' EEE PC. That Flash HDDs are designed to be used sparingly and not as a standard HDD.

Which kind of computer are you using it with?

I've seen similar problems when the computer has some kind of problems with USB, it's usually either something with the drivers or the port is not USB 2.0.

Older computers, some laptops and USB-hubs only have a few or no USB 2.0 ports, the ports may instead be USB 1.x (1.0 or 1.1).

Some cheap USB 2.0 drives are not compatible with earlier USB-versions.

No,I have USB 2.0 ports also My Flash memory USB 2.0

This happens if either

1) Its a fake USB Flash Drive (ex. bought from ebay)

2) If it has corrupt sectors

To see which one is the case try to zero out the flash drive completely using "Killdisk"

If zeroing out process stops in the middle and Killdisk tells you that there are corrupt sectors, then you are out of luck.....time to buy a new flash drive.

If zeroing out process completes successfully, the flash drive is fine. You can check if Killdisk had zeroed out everything using "HxD HexEditor"

After it has zeroed out you will need to format the flash drive. You can format it using HPUSB format utility and format it as FAT.

Now you will be able to see the correct size of your USB flash drive.

I did that & it is looks better than before,thx for this.