Re-adding missing services?

Pudsey

I need to re-add Task Scheduler to my current install of XP - I'm almost certain that, while I ticked to delete it, I did untick it after realising I would probably need it. However, nLite still took it out (it's still possibly my fault though) and I was wondering if there was a way of adding it back without having to reinstall another nLited version of XP?

It seems unlikely, but I really would appreciate any help. Thanks :)

If you restore any DLL files in this way be sure to re-register them with the command:

REGSVR32.EXE path\filename.dll and probably should reboot the computer after

doing so.

Go to Bold Fortune's web site and just go to Task Scheduler service and add back the files that he deletes. I don't know if that will work, but it might.

http://www.bold-fortune.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229

If you restore any DLL files in this way be sure to re-register them with the command:

REGSVR32.EXE path\filename.dll and probably should reboot the computer after

doing so.

Go to Bold Fortune's web site and just go to Task Scheduler service and add back the files that he deletes. I don't know if that will work, but it might.

http://www.bold-fortune.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=229

Good point.

Thank you both for your help! In case anyone else has this problem, there's also another part to do.

When you take the files off of the Windows XP CD, they'll be compressed and therefore not proper .dll files or .exe files, even if you change the extension.

The way to extract them is to go to Start>Run and enter

expand C:\WINDOWS\system32\*.dll **:\

Where * is the name of the dll you need to be extracted and ** is the extraction path.

Again, thank you both for your help :thumbup