Can't view hidden files

roy1984

Some one please help

I can't view the hidden files/folder..

I keep trying to set "Show hidden files and folders" in the Folder Options

But after I click Apply > Ok

but I still can view the hidden files, I check back the Folder Options, it still set as "Do not show hidden files and folders"

Is it my windows was affected something?? I scanned with my NOD 32 antivirus didn't find out and it's clean...

can some one help on this?

Hi, how are U. U can save these codes as a batch file and run it. After that all hidden files will be showed..

reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v Hidden /t reg_dword /d 1 /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v HideFileExt /t reg_dword /d 0 /f
reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v ShowSuperHidden /t reg_dword /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\NOHIDDEN" /v CheckedValue /t reg_dword /d 2 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL" /v CheckedValue /t reg_dword /d 1 /f
reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\SuperHidden" /v CheckedValue /t reg_dword /d 0 /f
tskill /a explorer

Edited by Yzöwl
Code tags changed to improve screen real estate

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know of any connection between this and the W32.Gammima.ag virus? We had an infection on a machine at work, and it appeared that something had attempted to share all the drives and cause hidden file to be unable to be viewed. It also seems to have propagated to a couple of user profiles via shared folders and network links.

A little something to remember:

Sometimes, viruses leave damage on your system. The virus remover kills the doer but does not undo the deed. So if you ever get infected with a virus and you successfully clean it, do some research on the virus to see what kind of damage it leaves before it is removed.

I am familiar with a virus that does such kind of alteration to your system (but I forgot its name). It doesn't let you see hidden and system files for its own protection, it also block other programmes and systems like "cmd" and the "manage" item when you rclick "My Computer". You also lose some admin rights even when your account is an admin (GRRRR!!!).

@lqs_lfzz: thanks for the reg entries you posted!!