nLite last session.ini on floppy

jben

Hi everyone,

Currently working on creating an automated installation with nLite. Does anyone know if its possible to store my last session.ini file on a floppy disk. The reason for this is so that I can easily modify the floppy when I want to change usernames etc. The main reason is because I have autologon on an administrator account (Not the Administrator account but my own account with admin rights) and this doesn't seem to be in my WINNT.SIF file.

Thanks

Edited by jben

I can't seem to work this out. I just want to be able to create an account before logging in but it has to be on the floppy as it will change for each PC and I don't want to create several disks.

Everything on my winnt.sif file seems to work. Maybe its possible to run a batch file on the floppy before 1st login, any ideas?

thanks

The file "last session.ini" is used only when creating the nLited iso/source, not during installation.

You can run a batch from a floppy during installation if you like to. Read the parts about batch scripting and adding users in the MSFN Unattended Guide.

Basically you make a batch that calls another batch (on the floppy) and run it from cmdlines.txt.

I have a GUIRUNONCE in my winnt.sif file. How would that be effected by doing this?...Would it create the account and then login with the account and then run my setup.exe

My setup.exe currently works when logging in as an administrator account.

autologin is stored in a registry entry

best way for you is to NOT use nlite for autologon

but keep winnt.sif on a floppy (and remove it from the i386 folder), and a reg file for autologon (it's easy to find it in google) "xp autologin reg" or something should find it, then edit the winnt.sif and reg files when you need to (and manually apply the reg file after first login)