OEM Vista Lite

brenboyb

Hey guys,

New to the forum, only heard about vLite a couple of days ago.

Just got my toshiba satellite L40-18Z from toshiba.com and it's not the best computer out there , but it does the job for basic tasks.

Its got 1 gig ram and vista home premium and its ok but goes rather sluggish sometimes.

I was wondering would i be able to get vLite because i have the oem version, came with the recovery disc and all that, so just wondering, i hope it does because i want to try it out.

I was wondering would i be able to get vLite because i have the oem version, came with the recovery disc and all that,

Is it a standalone vista OS in a separate DVD? or the image of the hard drive?

I was wondering would i be able to get vLite because i have the oem version, came with the recovery disc and all that,

Is it a standalone vista OS in a separate DVD? or the image of the hard drive?

It is the standalone Vista home premium OEM dvd :)

but goes rather sluggish sometimes.

Ok, there are two things going on here.

First of all: All the pre-installed PCs or notebooks comes with all the junk that we don't need. Most of us are not aware of this PC business. All these major companies, such as Sony, Toshiba, HP, Dell, etc., have back door business contract with all those junk software makers that we see in any ready made PCs. It is a million dollar business, if they agree to install their software in every PC that they sell. It is like targeted advertisements.

So, forget about that **** recovery disk that has all those unwanted softwares. if you use it again after a clean install that will put it back.

Second: Here everybody is talking about the components of Vista that don't want to be installed. Now, use only your original copy of the Vista OS, for this Vlite process. Then it is easy to go through the process that is described in this forum. You can take off any component that you don't want in the Vista OS. I personally took off only, all languages and all the printer drivers. It is not necessary. After I took off those two things I ended up with a DVD of 2.19 GB exact. It is running very good without any problem.

I have to salute Mr. Dino Nuhagic for his time and hard work creating this wonderful program, one way to remove our headaches dealing with OS.

One more thing, before you wipe out the hard drive it is better to get all the drivers for your particular model from the Toshiba web site. Some of the functionality pertaining to any notebook won't get back as their install. especially some of the keyboard fancy functions.. These manufactures don't like that we are wiping out their install, so they don't post all the drivers on their website. That has been my experience with Sony notebook, so I guess Toshiba too. It is all business.

Edited by satyrias