Spyware Blaster v4

NoUTurn20

Has anyone found a relatively easy way to repack Spyware Blaster v4? I tried to use innounp like for v3.5.1 but it appears the program is outdated and doesn't work properly. I don't care for svcpack integration or autoit. My unattended CD uses RunOnceEX and I generally repack all of the installers using WinRar to make an SFX file that runs the installer with the switch. Any help would be appreciated.

I tried most of the common switches including /S, /SILENT, /VERYSILENT, etc. Spyware blaster gives an error box stating that "silent install is not supported by spywareblaster". With v3.5 the installer had to be extracted, some files modified then repacked. Most likely this version will need the same thing done.

Has anyone found a relatively easy way to repack Spyware Blaster v4? I tried to use innounp like for v3.5.1 but it appears the program is outdated and doesn't work properly. I don't care for svcpack integration or autoit. My unattended CD uses RunOnceEX and I generally repack all of the installers using WinRar to make an SFX file that runs the installer with the switch. Any help would be appreciated.

It's basically the same with v4 and Inno, You will need all the files in the program dir and 3 from sys32. I have attached the one I made as a reference. It is a version I use that adds the reg entries for IE protection and file changes for Firefox. you will need to edit it for your own needs.

Spywareblaster.7z

Thank you so much for the help.

@ricktendo64

The .inf addon would work but I don'treally care for that system so i don't use it.

@benners

I as able to use a program called innounp and follow instructions here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t17540.html

on how to unpack, modify and repack the installer so I could use a standard silent switch. I have never had any issues with the installer I repacked so I would like to use the same method if at all possible. The issue is the latest version of innounp (v0.19) only supports up to v5.1.10 and Spyware Blaster v4 uses the 5.2.x branch. How were you able to get the.iss file extracted? What software did you use to do it? Can you possibly send me a link with instructions?

Thank you so much for the help.

@ricktendo64

The .inf addon would work but I don'treally care for that system so i don't use it.

@benners

I as able to use a program called innounp and follow instructions here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t17540.html

on how to unpack, modify and repack the installer so I could use a standard silent switch. I have never had any issues with the installer I repacked so I would like to use the same method if at all possible. The issue is the latest version of innounp (v0.19) only supports up to v5.1.10 and Spyware Blaster v4 uses the 5.2.x branch. How were you able to get the.iss file extracted? What software did you use to do it? Can you possibly send me a link with instructions?

I extracted the files with v.20 which is specified as beta Here in the forum for innounpacker.

• 2 years later...