Sysprep to install drivers (Win 2000)

Hi. I'm new here and been browsing the internet for the last few hours to try and find out more information about sysprep as i'm currently working on a project that automates software and driver installation.

I do not want to use sysprep to automate everything. Just wondering if its possible to use sysprep on a computer that has already been formatted just for the purpose of installing drivers.

I have read that you need to create a folder in C:\Windows\Drivers or something like that and put this location in the DevicePath(Registry). Then I presume that upon next boot up the drivers will automatically install?.

Its hard to explain my exact problem. But basically I have creating some software that users can run and it installs all the software, once this is complete it will install the drivers. Therefore it would be nice if i could use something like sysprep to install the drivers. In my project I can easily set it up to copy all the driver files from the disk to the directory and import the registry file and then reboot and autologon.

There is probably 3 different types of drivers for graphics and 3 for sound. So if I could use sysprep then it would make life easy in the sense that the drivers will be found in the specified dir and installed.

The only problem I have is using sysprep as i've never used it before. Any shed some light on this for me, in need of help. Many thanks

Putting it simply. I want to install drivers on a PC that already has an OS. From research I have a feeling that sysprep is the way forward?

Edited by jben