vista won't shut down

im1knight

yes...it's me again...sorry to bother everyone with my endless questions but um..i've been having this for a few times now. Where i click Shut down, then windows doesn't response. However, everytime it can successfully shut down after freezing for like 10-20mins. But last night was unusual.. Before i went to sleep, i clicked shut off, No response..>.>...so i turned off the monitor and went to sleep. At mid night, around 2AM, i woke up, and i saw my computer tower still running... I was like WTH? i turned on the monitor...and i saw the computer froze there at my desktop..... nothing has been changed for over 4 hrs. I clicked logoff, no response, i clicked sleep, no response, i clicked shut down, no response. (NOTE: this is for logging off, going to sleep, shutting down only, i can open programs normally). So i have no choice but to push the power button on the tower and shut the computer off....but this isnt normal is it? This doesn't happen on XP, even if it does, after 3 mins max it starts to shut off. But this happened over 10 times on my new computer that i have been only using for 2 and half week. So um....what can seem to be the problem?