Few issues with Vlite and gaming with Sp1.

raymerjacque

I have sucessfully created a vista home premium sp1 disk. Thnx to Vlite :)

My problem now is this.

1.)

Whenever i open some games there is a delay. i click the icon and nothing happens, then after about 5mins the game pops up. for example : oldblivion ( which is a mod for oblivion ). and also diablo 2. I havent tested any others yet, but these game do it. and they used to work fine in vista before.

all the apps work fine, just the games, you launch them and they only open up after a few mins. anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it ? ( and no i did not remove game explorer. )

2.)

Is it possible to make a vlite unattended dvd and somehow keep the screen that allows you to repair windows ? cause mine is gone, when i boot from dvd i dont see that screen anymore. This is a very usefull feature.

3.)

is there plans to sometime in near future implement run once feature like nlite has ?

Anyway, i really need help with tracking the problem i have above with the delay on my games, any help would be appreciated. :unsure::blushing::blink:

my system specs :

HP Dv6000 series Notebook

AMD x2 Turion 1.7 Ghz dual core Cpu.

160GB Hard disk drive

1.5GB DDR2 memory

Dual Layer DvD Writer

7150M Nvidia graphics card.

Windows Vista Home premium Sp1 ( Vlite )

Edited by raymerjacque

I know you dont wanna hear this but you should make another vlite and try to figure out what you did wrong without specific information not allot to tell you to do to fix it. Also why not vista ultimate? If you are a gamer you should install a 64 bit os I know in the XP days it caused a loss of 2 or 3 frames, but in long mode(64 bit registers in cpu opened), I find games and the hardware itself is much more stable(the stability and smoothness of the os and game is worth 3 frames). Not sure how keys with vista work as I have ultimate myself and have no need to use lesser OS. You could post a vLite preset and hopefully someone with more knowledge can help you.

Actually when yo uare gaming it should not matter if you are using ultimate or not. You prob were too aggressive with your settings when vliting. Also 32 vs 64 right now it is a crapshoot. I personally prefer x64 and you can see why from my sig. But that is not the issue here either. The only logical explanation is since it was working fine before till you vlited it...to try vliting and create a new image again.

i have created many images with vlite before. this is the first time i got this error, this is also the first time i added sp1. and i removed the same components i have allways removed, that is why i wondered if someone else had this bug.

Anyway, to answer your question. I use home premuim and not ultimate because i have a Legal HomePremium key that i got with laptop. To tell you the truth i would have prefered a homebasic key. the Vlited images i have made in past with homebasic run far better and faster than the other versions.

Besides the 2 games i mentioned, all the others are working.

You are in luck I happen to have this link handy also never integrate service pack if it already comes integrated. Somehow, don't ask me how, its actually a little slower non integrated than integrated. I would suggest finding one of the builds listed on this link. I know its a pain, but here you go and goodluck. Also as a sidenote does anyone know if he can use his key on Ultimate or is it a stickler for that kind of stuff?

Vista SP1 g0d lInK