WPI Runtime Errors - Javascript?

Ok, So I was working on a WPI install, putting it together that is. Today, I start it up and I get some run time errors. Screen goes to white, RunTime Error -> I click ok. There's like 3-4 errors one after another. The Background WPI images eventually load, and then there's a Javascript Report Box. I end up simply exiting it. I thought I had screwed up my WPI folder, So I Download a fresh rar file from the site. Was v6.4 just posted? Anyways, I extract, and it's the same thing. So obviously its my machine. I did run an upgrade yesterday, .Net 3.5 I believe. Could that have screwed something up? And how Do I fix it?

Oh, the first Runtime error states there isn't enough space on the disc? Something like that, which makes no sense.

It wasn't during an install. It was just adding programs, compiling I guess you could say the WPI folder. Pretty sure that .Net update screwed something up. Again, sorry for the confusion, it was just on my main Desktop, MCE05, that It happened on, NOT during an install or anything. I use to have issues with .net 2.0, when I was having issues with Update Rollup 2. At the time I acquired this ".Net Verifier" and I ran it to check, It states that .Net 2.0 has failed. .Net 1.1/3.0, etc. Check out fine. So its on my end, It's not WPI's fault.

I'll see if re-installing .Net 3.5 fixes it... I'll Post back

Kel is talking about the machine you are trying to run WPI on not what you are trying to install via WPI. Was that machine built using nlite or xplite? Does that machine already have nero installed? Both of these are known to cause issues with WPI.

I wasn't trying to install anything with WPI, I ran WPI fine before. In order to Add program to the WPI List. I was working on a UACD. I was then going to test it on a completely separate pc. The Computer which I was doing this on has a standard MCE05 installation, it was not slipstreamed or anything. Again, It was running WPI.HTA fine just 2 days ago, Now when I run it, I get several error. I'm Certain I screwed up my .Net framework. Fixing it, Is going to be a huge hassle onto itself. Oh, and it is running Nero 8 Lite, However irrelevant it is.

Well I went from running WPI fine one day. The next day I got errors. In between that time I installed .NET 3.5. And Now I'm trying to uninstall/repair .NET 2.0 and it's not going well. According to my ".NET Verifier" My 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 .NET can't be verified. Now I'm afraid I won't be able to fix it. I have IE7 installed, though I don't use it. Again, I believe my .NET framework has lost its integrity. And it was unintentionally my fault. I know .NET 2.0 is a requirement for WPI to run, right? Not sure where I saw that...

Anyways, Me trying to repair/uninstall .NET 2.0 led to making the problem worst.

No .net is not needed for WPI. However it seems like you really borked your install somehow. Have you downloaded the full .net 3.5 and just gone ahead and installed it? (3.5 has all of .2, .3, .3.5 and all fixes for the 3...)

The only real requirement for WPI is IE6 up to date.

Not enough space to run WPI?? WPI isn't even configured to output that error. :P

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

• 1 month later...

I have Nero8 and IE7 installed on original WinXP-Pro Eng and have lots of runtime errors, WPI crashes when i try to add apps.

Here are some situations:

i use browse button and press "open" - CRASH;

more often it happens when i browse for an app that is in a subfolder (e.g. "%wpipath%\Install\Foxit Reader\FoxitReader23.exe") , if i write(paste) this string down it'll be fine, otherwise = CRASH;

when i press Save button(in Configuration tab, all crashes btw are in this tab) sometimes i get CRASH;

and finally..when i press exit button (not WPI exit but Conf tab exit) i get CRASH very often.

Ask any questions related to installed software or enabled\disabled services etc, just don't know if it's my system or WPI that causes problems :(

BTW: not about crashes, just need some help:

I made WPI to run after 1st logon

i have "%wpipath%\Install\tweaks" folder that contains tweaks.cmd and hklm.reg

tweaks.cmd code

REGEDIT /S "hklm.reg"

ExecuteAfterEnabled=true;
ExecuteAfter=['"%wpipath%\\Install\\tweaks\\tweaks.cmd"'];

I run tweaks.cmd AFTER EVERYTING(set it in options tab)

and..tweaks just don't want to be applied :\ (i reboot after install, don't ask)

and i the i can't copy dir to a folder :(

here's the string

DIRCOPY "%wpipath%\Install\Mozilla" "%APPDATA%\"

any help? :)

thx in advance m8s :)

Edited by lsrkin

Firefox 2.0.0.14 is default browser, didn't modify any wpi files...and i wrote that my XP is original, i didn't use nlite. I used nlite to the disk i'm making now..but i don't think that it can be responsible for crashes(for not applying *.reg files yes, but not for crashes).

What component can be important and i should not remove it with nlite?

ie browser and ie core. DOO NOT remove these.

The reg files is a known bug with WPI setting double quotes for them. You simply need to remove the quotes from the regbefore\after section. (Fixed in the next release)

We all reboot at certain times "(i reboot after install, don't ask)" no need to ask :P

You can use execute after to execute the reg file alone! Just put the whole path in there like so = regedit /s %wpipath%\install\hklm.reg <-- that way no ugly command window :D

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Nonono, i'm not talking about before\after reg tweaks, i know this bug

i have "%wpipath%\Install\tweaks" folder that contains tweaks.cmd and hklm.reg

tweaks.cmd code

CODE

REGEDIT /S "hklm.reg"

i'm talking about this, i don't think that there's quotes bug here.., btw i haven't deleted IE, it's just not a default browser.