PROBLEM WITH LOGIN

raman_tx

HI

this is my first post. Here I got the problem with my laptop. I am using HP DV6226US, with dual boot option(widnows Server 2003 and xp 2003 pro).XP2003 and server 2003 both are installed. DEFAULT login OS at the grub is windows xp AND WHEN i choose XP or login...it does prompt me login window( which never did before), even though i put the user name that i have with no password(ofcourse there is no pwd) it looks loggin me in and showing desktop but giving me a window "saving your settings" again reverting back to login window. same happens when i try to login thru admin mode, even safe mode same thing. I tried FIXBOOT option thru xp cd, no use. so what shud i do inorder to login with out prompting the window. There was a virus befroe in the system, which says you dupe, firefox cant be installed, when i tried to install firefox, same with orkut. I tried one antivirus, so this led me in to this chaos.

pls help me

thanks

um maybe the CAPS lock is on?

11. Please refrain from using CAPITALIZATIONS in the topic title or when participating in threads because they will not attract attention - instead it will annoy many of MSFN's members.

Da Rules

first thing i would try is hold shift immediately after hitting enter when you enter the password. if there is a process starting on login that is issuing a logoff command, that could prevent windows from logging off long enough to locate the root cause

beyond that try to access the machine remotely (connect MMC remotely, access admin$ shares, try connecting via remote desktop with all options off)

but bruce is on the right track here. a repair install may be the best way to go though.

yes i tried repair install but...what option do i have to choose? for example when use xp CD it says press R. for repair and then it says which window you wan to repair?

1) C:\

2). E:\

after i choose C:\ or 1, FROM here the real trouble starts. what should i do which cmd i have to use? is it FIXMBR? or CONFIGBOOT? confused..tried CNFBOOT but didnot work so pls help me.

Hi

Try to take a look at this site:

http://www.ubcd4win.com/

Once you have build this CD - you can use it to change the passwords for the default "Administrator" account - or use it to create a new one.

This CD has a ton of other useful tools in it, so it is highly recommended - saved me from more than one re-install.

Kind Regards.

Edited by prey