[Tutorial] Build Windows Vista SP1 x86 DVD using vLite

neo

Hello everybody

i would like to have little infos to do the perfect copy of Vista Lite with SP1.

1 - i understand that is basical to do SLipstream of SP1 before doin any operation (add or remove) on the desired version of VIsta

2 - then when i have my version of Vista with its SP1 integrated is possible to add driver and remove some parts like languages , Speech , Tablet PC to reduce more iso amount??If yes , i must simply use the new Vista VLite versione and "re-arrange" it...isn't it??

Thanks a lot

Bye

Hi, just a quick question. How i can uninstall the Windows Imaging driver? I used the one neo provided in the rapidshare link.

I found the wimfltr.sys in the windows/system32/drivers folder, should i delete that and also the entry in autoruns?

I am asking just to be sure.

Edited by Haruspex

Hey, now i has look through the topic and trying out but only fail.

I'm trying to make it with all version in one dvd!

But there is so much question and stuff i don't understand.

Could someone plz make a guide, step by step and I mean step by step! All settings and stuff, because i dont understand this?!

I have trying this;

(The copy of my Vista dvd all versions is on my computer)

1. Open vLite - Selecting on the frontpage the dvd copy.

2. Selecting the tasks - I choose to tick Integration, Tweaks, Bootable Iso -> Enable before apply.

3. Enable Hotfix and Language.

4. Leave Tweaks as default.

5. Make ISO.

6. Restart vLite.

7. Same again just with another version until I'm finished with them all.

8. Apply (Save)

(Not Rebuild All or One)

Then it should work right? :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

Heya folks, I have done the slipstream of SP1 and tested it (working great! thanks!) I decided to go back and install every hotfix / extras I could get my hands on, as well as some drivers. The image ended up being 5.7gb but I have dual layer disks so that shouldnt be a problem right? It should still work just as well over the 4gb warning level burned to a DL disk?

Heya folks, I have done the slipstream of SP1 and tested it (working great! thanks!) I decided to go back and install every hotfix / extras I could get my hands on, as well as some drivers. The image ended up being 5.7gb but I have dual layer disks so that shouldnt be a problem right? It should still work just as well over the 4gb warning level burned to a DL disk?

Use UDF file system for DVD..it allows to burn DVD w/ more than 4 Gb file size.

Edited by neo

• 1 month later...

Hey there. Just starting to get to know vLite and I did all the tutorial said, but when the integration of SP1 was finished I couldn't click "Apply". The button is inactive. I thought I messed up and then I did it again but the result is the same. Only Exit and Back are active. What should I do?

Edited by abydos

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have a question.

I use Vlite to integrate 76 hotfix but that stupid Vista she restart 10 time Configuring Update. I must to wait 76 restarting to finish Vista configuring all 76 updates?

Edited by condor