How to totally remove unused editions from vista dvd?

How to totally remove unused editions from vista dvd?

I want to edit the setup dvd to don't show any versions of vista except ultimate, when user doesn't enter product key. Is it possible? Thanks

vLite... (found on this forum)

yeah... but HOW do you do it when you want 32bit ultimate and 64bit ultimate on the boot disc and not the others...?

i have vlite on my pc and i load my disc on vlite. it then asks me to pick a os i would like to edit... i want to edit 2 of them and delete the rest..

vLite... (found on this forum)

yeah... but HOW do you do it when you want 32bit ultimate and 64bit ultimate on the boot disc and not the others...?

i have vlite on my pc and i load my disc on vlite. it then asks me to pick a os i would like to edit... i want to edit 2 of them and delete the rest..

You should be able to rerun VLite on each vers. of your choice I guess & have lic. for both off course.

my question was if i have 6 versions of windows vista on a disc could i delete the versions i do not use.

if so, how do i do it?

hopefully that made it clearer :)

Mount and Export the images you want to a new .wim. I get Ultimate out of the rest

All 1 line

D:\VistaUA\Tools\x86\imagex /export /check /compress maximum D:\VistaUA\uaDVD\sources\install.wim 4 D:\VistaUA\uaDVD\sources\installnew.wim

Then delete original install.wim and rename installnew.wim to install.wim

Edited by maxXPsoft

my question was if i have 6 versions of windows vista on a disc could i delete the versions i do not use.

if so, how do i do it?

Mount and Export the images you want to a new .wim. I get Ultimate out of the rest

All 1 line

D:\VistaUA\Tools\x86\imagex /export /check /compress maximum D:\VistaUA\uaDVD\sources\install.wim 4 D:\VistaUA\uaDVD\sources\installnew.wim

Good reply Maxx, i thought these forums were about learning how to do unattended installs i,e, information learn the basics first not to push every one to nlite or vlite .

if so, how do i do it?

All 1 line

Good reply Maxx, i thought these forums were about learning how to do unattended installs i,e, information learn the basics first not to push every one to nlite or vlite .

I do not know why VLite is mentioned here @ all when it has its own section...Not in unattended Please....GOT.... :wacko: