Small Questions. (newbie :P )

Fudeba

Hello ... I can not find 946538, 947890 in microsoft downloads for Windows 2000. Where this this download hotfixes for Windows 2000 PTBR (Portuguese Brazil)

And ... little problem ....

I have winnt.sif in folder \REPLACE, but that was not copied to my folder \SOURCESS.

Note, in the folder \SOURCE is a virgin copy of my windows 2000 sp4 and this has not winnt.sif.

It is normal or not?

What put the winnt.sif place?

KB946538 is for Windows 2000 Server, Advanced Server and Datacenter Server only; not for Professional.

Also, KB946538 = KB943484 and KB947890 = KB943055.

Windows2000-KB943484-x86-PTB.EXE

Windows2000-KB943055-x86-PTB.EXE

REPLACE works like this....

REPLACE --> SOURCESS

REPLACE\I386 --> SOURCESS\I386

REPLACE\SUPPORT --> SOURCESS\SUPPORT

etc.

So winnt.sif goes in REPLACE\I386.

Hello Tomcat76.

Thanks for atention. :thumbup

Anoter question...

I have in folder \HFSVCPACK microsoft dotnet 1.1 and 2.0 silent pack install donwloaded from RyanVM, but after install, windows update show:

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 (KB110806) to install.

You know anoter source (updated) for Framework 2.0 SP1 in a silent install mode?

Edited by Fudeba

Hello Tomcat76.

Well.. I tried to use RogueSpear's pack but problem persist.

The only solution that worked for me, was to use the packs from RyanVM and make my self pack switchless with KB110806.

I believe that you must have the. NET 2.0 before to install. NET 2.0 SP1.

.NET 2.0 SP1 is a full .NET 2.0 package, not just SP1. If Windows Update still prompted you to install .NET 2.0 after including RogueSpear's .NET 2.0 SP1 silent installer, it either failed to install or you downloaded the wrong package (addon instead of silent installer).

It's a very strange problem. I donwloaded again from RogueSpear's and try to install, not work. Framework 2.0 from this packet not install in my windows 2000 sp4... very very strange.

Also checked packet with winrar and extracted all contents. If is corrupted, winrar not extract... but winrar extracted all contents without any problem.

And tried to manual install Framework 2.0 extracted from pack RogueSpear's, and not install... I'm confused...

I just remember that there is a bug in RogueSpear's installer causing the program to fail to install properly on a regular Windows 2000 system.

Extract reg.exe from SOURCE\SUPPORT\TOOLS\SUPPORT.CAB and put it in HFEXPERT\WIN\SYSTEM32. Then run HFSLIP again. I think that should fix the problem. If this also fails, it's because RogueSpear's installer doesn't call reg.exe with a full path; in that case, you need to put RogueSpear's installer in HFGUIRUNONCE. But try in HFSVCPACK first.

Edited by Tomcat76