Vista Windows Media Center setup problem

im1knight

My computer is supposed to be a TV desktop, and it came with a remote. But today when i tried to open it, it told me that i have to set it up first. So i did and went to TV set up. However....the screen just stuck at " DOWNLOADING TV SETUP OPTIONS" and stopped moving at the first bar. i have allowed it on my firewall...wonder what the problem can be... :unsure: anyway..here is the SS

86853211ch0.jpg

Few questions for you:

Based on your sig...you're using Vista Home Premium 64-bit, in the US...is this correct?

Have you installed SP1?

Did you install 64-bit Vista yourself, or did it come installed on the computer?

What TV card does your computer have? Did it come with the computer, or did you install it yourself?

Do you have the correct 64-bit drivers for the TV card?

I assume your computer has net connectivity and this is the only place you're possibly experiencing any connectivity issues?

Do you have any antivirus or internet security suites that may disable some connectivity?

Let us know.

Few questions for you:

Based on your sig...you're using Vista Home Premium 64-bit, in the US...is this correct?

Have you installed SP1?

Did you install 64-bit Vista yourself, or did it come installed on the computer?

What TV card does your computer have? Did it come with the computer, or did you install it yourself?

Do you have the correct 64-bit drivers for the TV card?

I assume your computer has net connectivity and this is the only place you're possibly experiencing any connectivity issues?

Do you have any antivirus or internet security suites that may disable some connectivity?

Let us know.

umm....actually its 32bit, but the signature doesnt have the vista x32 thing....and yes in US (btw..not sure if x86= 32 bit so...)

Nope, not yet installed SP1

It's preloaded on the computer

Hmm..not sure...it all came preloaded.

yes, this is the only place im experiencing connectivity issues

i checked, zonealarm is not blocking it..so idk wat other program is blocking it

Edited by im1knight