[Request] OpenOffice 2.4.0 for Windows in English

scott14

http://download.openoffice.org/index.html

The OpenOffice suite has been updated to v. 2.4.0

It's a large download.

-------------------------------------------------

For information, there are also downloads available for use on other operating systems such as Linux RPM, Linux DEB, Solaris x86, Solaris SPARC, Mac OSX Intel and Mac OSX PPC, and for other languages, at the following website if those are of need to anybody:

http://download.openoffice.org/other.html#en-US

Thank you.

Edited by scott14

Not technically an AddOn, but if you use a 7-Zip AddOn (both Rado354 and JohnDoe74 provide one, it's a good utility, you really should have it) you can add the following code to RunOnce.

rem install & configure Open Office, requires 7-Zip for configuration options
"%ProgramFiles%\7-Zip\7z" X %Source%AddOns\OOo_2.4.0_Win32Intel_install_en-US.exe -O"%ProgramFiles%\OpenOffice24InstallFiles"
msiexec /I "%ProgramFiles%\OpenOffice24InstallFiles\openofficeorg24.msi" ALLUSERS=1 SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1 SELECT_POWERPOINT=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL /Qr
rem RmDir /S /Q "%ProgramFiles%\OpenOffice24InstallFiles"
If Not exist "%ProgramFiles%\7-Zip\7z.exe" %Source%AddOns\OOo_2.4.0_Win32Intel_install_en-US.exe /S

This will give you more install options (such as whether to open MS Word files with Open Office by default). NB: Above code assumes the installer is located in a folder \AddOns on the install media, the /S switch will do a silent install (no need for 7-Zip) but you don't get the configuration options.

Edited by Kurt_Aust

Kurt_Aust,

Thank you for the script? I'll give it a try.

I don't understand your remark about OpenOffice 2.4.0 not being an add-on.

Why is it any different than the other applications that are made into add-ons?

Well it's not an AddOn as the script just calls the standard end-user installer with the appropriate silent install commands.

It doesn't require that the Open Office installer be repacked into a .cab file with an entries.ini section. It's also installed on first Logon rather than at T13.

When an updated version of Open Office comes out, you just have to change the filenames to match.

You add the script to RunOnce in the unattended section, I find it easier just to edit & load a previous preset rather than copying it into nLite.

• 3 weeks later...