Vlite 1.1.6 and Vista SP1

Rackers

To attempt slipstream I will need to download the package from Microsoft, apply it and rebuild the ISO. Is that correct? I've also read that you cannot remove any components if the original ISO is Vista RTM?

Thanks.

he means you must slipstream first, then you can do removals (multiple times if you want)

it's a good idea to just slipstream once, then keep a backup of those files, so you don't have to do it again

Edited by bledd

Yes but for now do not remove anything, I am working on a fix. Slipstreamed SP adds some entries which are processed on first logon and now I got to adjust the removals to clean those.

So in essence you can use slipstream, unattended, tweaks, integrations...but avoid removals if you slipstreamed sp1 until I post a beta 2.

Removals work fine on preintegrated or captured sp1 image.

Edited by nuhi

Yes but for now do not remove anything, I am working on a fix. Slipstreamed SP adds some entries which are processed on first logon and now I got to adjust the removals to clean those.

So in essence you can use slipstream, unattended, tweaks, integrations...but avoid removals if you slipstreamed sp1 until I post a beta 2.

Removals work fine on preintegrated or captured sp1 image.

Greets Nuhi, just wanted to say thanks for all your work and support, much appreciated. Now I've just purchased Vista Ultimate SP1 Retail, and wondering shall I await your beta 2 or would I be fine for anything like removals etc. thanks again ;)

Crap. So does this explain why my Vista test install is stuck in a "Installing Service Pack: Step 3 of 3 - 100% complete" -> "Shutting down..." -> reboot -> repeat loop?

I slipstreamed SP1 into an original Vista disc image, removed a bunch of crap that should never have come with Vista, and installed it... it worked fine (about as "fine" as Vista CAN install) up until this blasted "installing service pack" message.

Just continuing proof that Vista sucks huge amounts of arse. vLite-like support should have been included with Vista, yet they seem to have instead broken support for it. :(

Edited by Volatus

Volatus, i had the same problem, im waiting for the beta 2 to be release which should fix the problem. i wasted over 4 hours yesterday testing, cant wait till the new version of vlite.

ScOOt3r

Does this work with OEM cd's as well? I've got one that came with my Dell computer and on first try, was giving an error about filesums when I tried to boot the disc, reburning on a new CD right now to try again

Edit: This CD worked, however when the install loads up it says it's not able to display the list of images, I'll try rebuilding all instead of only one

Edited by Tylius