vLite v1.1.6 beta 2 - SP Slipstream

nuhi

HI thank You for your utilities, they are great

there is a question

how can we be sure that all the files and registry changes are integrated to image correctly , just like we install it after windows installation?

how can we check the integrity of installation of SP1 after Slipstreaming?

another question

do kb938371,kb935509,kb937954,kb937287 integrate to image?

thank you so much :thumbup

ShahinD, well it is integrated as a hotfix, if it fails you will know. You can compare file versions if you want.

Found some issues with it though, posted on the website, fixing.

Yes those are integrated as well. You can see that by browsing with vLite and check the integration-hotfixes-already integrated after slipstream.

I just integrated my Vista Ultimate 32bit with the beta slipstream option. It works great. The integration process took about 1.5-2 hours to complete.

Possible bugs:

1. DreamScene is NOT visible from anywhere including in the Control Panel > Personalization. It's lost for reason.

2. Searching for new Ultimate Extras gives: There are no "Windows Ultimate Extras Available".

3. In the Programs and Features > Windows Features, all the optional features disappeared. All I get is a blank white space.

post-7197-1206855918_thumb.jpg

As instructed, I did not remove or add any component before/during the slipstream process. It was a straight-through slipstream without doing anything additional. I have just reinstalled WITHOUT the slipstream, and then update the SP1 manually. I can now see all of the Ultimate Extras (BitLocker, EFS, Hold Em Poker, DreamScene). The Windows Features in Programs and Features is also available as normal.

When slipstreamed, the size grows bigger by ~500MB. Normal?

Yes because the WIM image is storing the new SP1 files aswell as the original RTM files for the versions of vista you have not updated yet, if you have updated them then do a "Rebuild All" to see if that helps :)

Well well, I just taked your advise Nuhi. Made a new ISO from a already slipstreamed ISO. Only applied the unattended options. Difference... 900 Megabytes.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup

I slipstreamed SP1 to my Vista DVD but it won't let me download windows ultimate extras updates (such as Hold'em Poker, for example),

while installing vista and then SP1 (losing slipstreaming) it works, maybe it's a vlite issue.

Anyway keep up the good work !!! :)

Hi Nuhi,

I got question on most recent release v1.1.6 beta. I just tried to slipstream SP1 but as soon as I hit Browse and select SP1 file it starts slipstreaming process for about 1-2 hours. But after it completes slipstreaming, All other options including Intergration, Components, Tweaks, Unattended are disabled. Can you please advice what am I doing wrong?

Only workaround for this problem I find is slipstream SP1 and create ISO image. And then rerun vLite and use that newly created ISO with SP1 and remove components and all that nice integration stuff.

Please advice and thank you for this great utility. Great work!

Edited by csci1000