My Modified Windows XP Pro Can't finish the installation

spanker

Hi, it's my first post here and i'm kind of desperate with my problem

i've been using nlite since long, but ultimately i've been having some troubles

[i tried to detailed the more possible my problem and it got a little bit long, sorry :blushing:]

I've created myself a new disk of windows XP Professional

and integrated Service Pack 2, and my nforce driver to recognize my SATA disk

and some little tweaks (like always). But when i tried to install windows with the disk

after formating my harddrive, in the process of copying the files needed to acomplish

the installation it couldn't copy a DLL. (don't remember which now) but it was passed the 50%.

Well i thought this was very weird and tried again but just integrating the service Pack 2

to Windows XP Pro Disk (just in case).burned to a disk and tried to install it. The result was the same thing

After 50% of copying the needed files it droped an error, because it couldn't copy a dll, this time was

another one.

After that, i decided not to spend more disks and started working with a vitual machine (VMWARE)

i did everything from the start, new destiny folder for the nlite files, Copied my windows XP Pro Disk

then integrated the Service Pack 2. Make the ISO and then load the ISO to Daemon tool and

install from it in the Virtual Machine. The results were exactly the same, with another file not being copied.

I've tried, over and over again.. using

nlite 1.3.0.4 Final

nlite 1.4 Final

nlite 1.4.1

nlite 1.4.5 Beta2

i even changed the "mkisofs.exe" with another file i found on the web thinking it could be that the ISOs

could have a problem. But the same error over and over again.

Then i though, well maybe my Disks (the Windows XP Pro and Service Pack2) got scratch or something

so I made a clean install in the VM with them, first Windows XP Pro, the system formated the vitual hdd

then copied the files with no problem, and install de OS, then i aplied the SP2 and no problem during or

after the installation. So i know my disks have no problem at all

I even tried making ISOs in my HDD of those disk, to make the nlited windows

but still i have the exact same problem.

Can anyone help me please ? i never had a problem using nlite before and i need to create a new

disk, Because the others i had i got them stoled :(

From what you're writting, I think you have some slipstreaming errors ( maybe due to hardware problems ? ). Try to integrate SP2 without nLite and install that disk. Maybe you can do the integration on a different computer.

From what you're writting, I think you have some slipstreaming errors ( maybe due to hardware problems ? ). Try to integrate SP2 without nLite and install that disk. Maybe you can do the integration on a different computer.

I finally found the problem, it seems it was the destination folder of the ISOs

because i choosed to create my ISO on my desktop [C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Escritorio]

and it surprised me the fact that the ISO works perfectly.

But trying again in the folder where i was doing it [H:\Programas y Utilidades\nLite]

(on that folder i have the diferent nlite builds, on separated folders)

it stills produce ISOs with errors. So it was the destination... nothing else, i still don't understand why

but it happens

Thanks anyway to the people that readed and thanks to pmi for your time

But trying again in the folder where i was doing it [H:\Programas y Utilidades\nLite]

Can you check if that path has some special characters (not english) in it?

Can you check if that path has some special characters (not english) in it?

it doesn't seem to have any

post-184015-1206724746_thumb.jpg

thats all the path were the ISOs can't be written

Edited by spanker