Bluetooth and Vista SP1

okaussie

I installed SP1, now my Bluetooth dongle VID 1131 only works with HOT SYNC and nothing else. Tells me the driver is missing or corrupt error code 39. I incurred this same problem on Server 2k8 posted in that forum.

BlueSoleil 5.0.5.178 which is supposed to work with Vista only allows the HotSync to work.

WIdcomm 5.1.0.1100 does not work at all. Error code 39, your driver is missing or corrupt.

Any thoughts?

I have a Trendnet TBW-101 dongle and installed the Vista Drivers for it. It does not work at all. I have had it for over a year now and have yet to be able to use it. Even with the drivers provided by Trendnet.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Bill

BTW it worked fine with Widcomm 5.1.0.1100 on Vista Without SP1.

I am using Vista Ultimate x64 SP1

• 3 weeks later...

I installed SP1, now my Bluetooth dongle VID 1131 only works with HOT SYNC and nothing else. Tells me the driver is missing or corrupt error code 39. I incurred this same problem on Server 2k8 posted in that forum.

BlueSoleil 5.0.5.178 which is supposed to work with Vista only allows the HotSync to work.

WIdcomm 5.1.0.1100 does not work at all. Error code 39, your driver is missing or corrupt.

Any thoughts?

I have a Trendnet TBW-101 dongle and installed the Vista Drivers for it. It does not work at all. I have had it for over a year now and have yet to be able to use it. Even with the drivers provided by Trendnet.

Any thoughts?

TIA

Bill

BTW it worked fine with Widcomm 5.1.0.1100 on Vista Without SP1.

I am using Vista Ultimate x64 SP1

Take off the hardware if it is possiable, remove all the drivers, use the " ccleaner" software to remove the unwanted registrey entries, reboot the machine, install the hardware and software again and see if that helps.

There are some rare occasions where SP1 will break some drivers. This is actually the fault of the driver makers being really sloppy and ignoring the warnings from MS that certain things won't be supported in Vista (but they didn't fix/changed their hack drivers because they still worked in Vista).

Mix this in with the fact that same companies (Creative Labs sound cards, Motorola headsets) have been telling users to simply buy new hardware (to drive up their sales) instead of fixing their drivers.

I'm not saying this is your problem, but if SP1 breaks a driver, then it's most likely the reason.

I am using IVT BlueSoleil version 2.6.0.8 Commercial version release.

Rocking release ! Works like charm on Windows Vista, Windows Vista SP1 and as well as Windows Server 2008.

• 8 months later...

Sp1 breaks my nokia bluetooth modem, but it is preinstalled on my new laptop and i have not been able to remove it, is there a tool to manualy remove sp1 as I can not reboot without it installing, only on the first boot after a system reprep am i able to use my phone as a modem as it installs 3 updates on reboot and afterwards my bluetooth fails. Please help I have searched high and low for an answer to no avail.