Internal tunneling to gain bandwidth control on home netwrok

Situation: ADSL/Access Point with 3+ computer connected to the access point and can have internet connection, but the problem is that i wanna have bandwidth control over the other computers on the netwrok so i set the dhcp to give them the default gateway as my own computer ip address and have my own connection with manualt set default gateway of adsl port.

now all i need is that i set an internal tunneling which tunnels the packets from internal network and route them to the real gateway address.

default gateway: 192.168.150.1

own pc: 192.168.150.10

others gateway: 192.168.150.10

how can that be done?

i didnt find any way either so i attached the lan cable from modem to PC and have the home network on my wireless.i dont want to use ICS(dont think its possible anyway on LAN-Wireless) so i added some routing tables to have the packets pointed out but it doesnt seem to work.

is it possible to have the vista acting as a router or NAT server without any additional software? if not any free ones to do this?

You can easily create a proxy, but not get any QoS functionality. If you want both, it won't be free (and it'll be a hardware solution) unless you want to build up a Linux box for the task.

well the proxy alone would be enough too.no need for the QOS right now.

how to build up that proxy?

If you don't worry about bandwidth throttling, then something like the analogx proxy will work for you.

Thanks alot :D im throtting the proxy software with netlimiter so its all fine now

• 2 months later...

really dont mean to spam the forum but after sometime i have switched to vista X64 and this nice utility doesnt work in 64bit systems.

anyone knows a proxy software similiar to analoxx proxy which works on vista x64?