Official MS link for 5508 XP sp3

jhmac77

Just wondering.

Why is there a difference between the date and size of this sp3, as posted by jhmac77, digital signatures of march 20th - 331,774,504 bytes, and the one from windows download site as posted by IcemanND, digital signatures of February 12 - 330,554,920. I'm so confused. Which to choose.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

is it the rtm or what ?

No it's not the RTM, I suspect we'll see at least 1 more build as this version added some things that weren't in there before and might need further testing & fixing. Considering this will be the last SP that XP ever gets, it's a good thing they're making sure it's perfect, but I'm just an anxious as you are (this SP is 1.5yrs late according to MS's original plans).

• 2 weeks later...
is it the rtm or what ?

No it's not the RTM, I suspect we'll see at least 1 more build as this version added some things that weren't in there before and might need further testing & fixing. Considering this will be the last SP that XP ever gets, it's a good thing they're making sure it's perfect, but I'm just an anxious as you are (this SP is 1.5yrs late according to MS's original plans).

we'll most likely see the XP SP3 RTM release later this April. probably the 3rd or 4th week of April.

"Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP Service Pack 2"

... not cumulative ? :huh:

I was wondering the same thing, i thought it was a service pack, not a rollup package :blink:

what MS said there is wrong. ALL service packs for WinXP ARE cumulative.

thanks for the link to build 5508, jhmac77.

Edited by erpdude8

is it the rtm or what ?

we'll most likely see the XP SP3 RTM release later this April. probably the 3rd or 4th week of April.

"Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP Service Pack 2"

... not cumulative ? :huh:

I was wondering the same thing, i thought it was a service pack, not a rollup package :blink:

what MS said there is wrong. ALL service packs for WinXP ARE cumulative.

thanks for the link to build 5508, jhmac77.

5508 has to be rtm or a ealier buil;d like 5503,i can't see it hit build 5509 its vistas earlier build

5508 has to be rtm or a ealier buil;d like 5503,i can't see it hit build 5509 its vistas earlier build

I don't think so. 5508 isn't going to be the RTM release.

Regarding HDA support and XP SP3: I've recently checked the XP SP3 RC2 refresh build 5508 download and it only contains the hdaudbus.inf and hdaudbus.sys files. The hdaprop.dll, hdashcut.exe, hdaudio.inf, hdaudio.sys and hdaudres.dll files are not there. So right now XP SP3 RC2 refresh only contains partial HDA support, not full support.

hopefully MS will add the missing HDA files onto the final release of XP SP3.