problem with fingerprint reader

zeko

im trying to install fingerprint software on my nlited xp sp3 5503 laptop (lenovo n200) but it (installshield) keeps throwing error 1720, something like script required to run,... cannot be found. the script is named ATSwpDrwFolder something. i tried numerous combination but no joy. if i use only customize, unattend and tweak sections in nlite (latest build), then i can install fingerprint reader no problem. so it must be that some component is required.

any help is greatly appreciated.

it seems that the error i get is produced by removing anything from these sections:

applications

multimedia

operating system options

i'm curious if it's a bug in nlite

UPDATE:

THis might shed some light on my problem.

Test 1:

Removed all the languages and keyboard layouts, made iso, tested and it works ok.

Test 2:

Further removed almost all drivers, made iso ... ok.

Test 3:

Removed the usual stuff from Hardware support section ... ok.

Test 4:

Removed the usual stuff from Network section and Services section ... ok.

Test 5:

Removed Images and Backgrounds and Music Samples from Multimedia section... ERROR

Test 6:

Removing few apps from Applications section gives error (I kept Images and Backgrounds and Music Samples)

Test 7:

Removing things from Operating system section gives error

Edited by zeko

I'm now almost sure that the problem is produced by nLite. I can't see how removing images and backgounds or music samples or help and support or manual install or some other trivial things can produce the error.

Here's the link to the fingerprint reader application. It doesn't require to have the fp sensor installed on machine.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/license.do?filename=mobiles/p962b_fpr32_12ww.exe