64-bit addon integration question

Speeddymon

So I'm trying to convert xable's MS Update addon at http://xable.net/dl/addons/xable_Microsoft...-v1.1_addon.cab to the 64-bit version of MS Update. I have gotten all the required files, and got the addon to integrate, but when I go to install, 2 files won't copy. wwups2.dll and DataStore.edb .. I found the problem with wwups2.dll .. The entry already existed in TXTSETUP.SIF so I modified the txtsetup_files entry for that file in my entries.ini to mirror that of the entry in TXTSETUP.SIF, but DataStore.edb (DataStor.ed_) for some reason didn't copy to either the AMD64 or I386 directory. Attached are the .inf and entries.ini

Note that the entries.ini originally used 100 instead of 1 for the DataStore.edb but that failed, so I changed it to 1, and am testing that now, but I don't know if it will work either.

entries_MicrosoftUpdateEngine.ini

mu.inf

Edited by Speeddymon

try this

[txtsetup_dirs]
258 = SoftwareDistribution\DataStore

[Txtsetup_Files]
dataStor.edb = 1,,,,,,,258,0,0,DataStore.edb

also u not using latest wu/mu files.......

Edited by boooggy

try this

[txtsetup_dirs]
258 = SoftwareDistribution\DataStore

[Txtsetup_Files]
dataStor.edb = 1,,,,,,,258,0,0,DataStore.edb

also u not using latest wu/mu files.......

Thx, I'll try it and report back in a min.

What do you mean not using the latest ones? How can I tell? I copied these files from a virtual machine i just installed and went to ms update on.

That didn't work either. Just to reiterate, the problem is that nlite is not copying the DataStor.ed_ from the temp folder that it extracts addons to, to the source, but it is creating the entries for it in the txtsetup and dosnet files. Possibly a bug?

here is one for u....

Micosoft Update x64 Pack

Hi Boooggy, that pack is great, but I'm a bit of a nut about things (like customers that call support saying that this is wrong etc).. The pack breaks 8.3 filename spec, and includes a cat file that I won't need, to say the least. There's other stuff I could gripe about but, ultimately it boils down to the fact that I am tryin to learn this stuff, so having you do it for me, while much appreciated, doesn't help me figure out why my pack is broken..

So, I decided to have nuhi look at this, and also to take a look at Boooggy's addon. I ended up taking Boooggy's DataStor.edb and putting it in my zip, and it worked.. A few hours later, I got an email from nuhi saying that I had incorrectly named the file.. The file itself was named DataStore.edb instead of DataStor.edb .... Go figure that I wouldn't notice something so stupid. So now I am trying to test it but I think my PSU is failing cause the comp keeps powering down when compressing a 34MB installer, and when I remove that it powers down while recompressing the cabinets..... SO I can't release the pack until I get it tested, but if someone wants to test it for me, please PM me your email, since it is too large to upload here.