Getting the 'right' updates

Hello all,

I have downloaded and run the WUD and I do like what i see! This may seem a silly question (though I hope it isn't) but here goes anyway:

Is there a way of knowing exactly what we need to download in the way of updates etc. for our particular original source?

The reason that I ask is that I am currently creating an all-in-one XP Pro install disc (using nLite) and my original source already includes SP2. At present the WUD finds SP2 (obviously) and, I imagine, a whole bunch of other updates and patches that I probably don't need. However my knowledge of what I can remove from the available updates is limited.

I have attached a listing of what I have downloaded thus far. I chose these from the 'uninstall' files found in my Windows Directory following a clean install and getting a 'no more updates' status from the Microsoft updates site.

The ones in that Windows directory that I am still lacking are:

IDNMitigationAPIs

NLSDownlevelMapping

basecsp

MSCompPackV1

WDF01005

WIC

WMFDIST11

WMP11

wudf01000

and finally, KB926239

The only one of these I find in the current WUD listing is the WMP11 (I gather that's the media player 11 file).

I have (of course) searched under those filenames on the Microsoft Downloads site but with no luck.

Any thoughts on how (or if) I get the others?

xpdownloads.txt

Edited by kwikshere