Warning for RAID array users

kwikshere

Hi everyone,

I have just attempted to use this terrific program (nLite) to create and install from an 'all-in-one' CD.

Although I DID test the disc in Virtual PC, I could find no way to test the RAID side of things there. It would be nice if we could test RAID in Virtual PC but that's not nLite's fault. The disc did work very well in that Virtual environment. I had no complaints (though I knew it was not as 'complete' as I might have hoped).

What has come to light now is the absolute need to include your RAID drivers within the disc build though. I had neglected this measure when creating my disc as I figured that, if I didn't, I could always add them at the [press f6] prompt during 'install'. Oops! No prompt!...lol. I did get a Windows XP SP2 install but with no provision for a RAID array.

Of course this did also format my C: drive in the process so I had to revert back to a 'pre-nLite' method to get a clean RAID install.

So, I will have another go. This time I will be sure to include the RAID drivers and hopefully it will work.

Edited by kwikshere