BDA (Tv tuner support) on Server 2008/R2

shahed26

ok. i got my tv tuner card (hauppauge HVR4000 DVB-S2) working and now i can watch and tune into all my satellite channels including HD Channels ON SERVER 2008.

will be posting on how i got BDA fucntion on server 2008.......

Please, write how to get BDA working on server 2008 as soon as possible, please...

ok. i got my tv tuner card (hauppauge HVR4000 DVB-S2) working and now i can watch and tune into all my satellite channels including HD Channels ON SERVER 2008.

will be posting on how i got BDA fucntion on server 2008.......

Please, write how to get BDA working on server 2008 as soon as possible, please...

give me till fri, as am busy at this moment with other stuffs...

Thanks for detailed instructions, later this day, i will try it with my TV Card Leadtek with its TV software - Winfast PVR 2, and give you info if this setup helps or not.

Thanks again a lot!

Thanks for the guide. As soon as my daughter finishes watching The Wiggles on the HTPC, I'll boot into Server 2008 and try this.

please do report any problems here, so i can work on it

thanks

Thanks for detailed instructions, later this day, i will try it with my TV Card Leadtek with its TV software - Winfast PVR 2, and give you info if this setup helps or not.

Thanks again a lot!

yes please do report any problems here, so i can work on it

Good news, it worked for me. The only thing that I had to do was extract bdasup.sys from BDAXP.cab and place it into C:\Windows\System32\en-US. The Compro TV viewer does not work, but that's not a problem because I use Webscheduler to record my shows and I convert and watch them later.

Thanks for posting this solution. :D

Cheers

Zac

Good news, it worked for me. The only thing that I had to do was extract bdasup.sys from BDAXP.cab and place it into C:\Windows\System32\en-US. The Compro TV viewer does not work, but that's not a problem because I use Webscheduler to record my shows and I convert and watch them later.

Thanks for posting this solution. :D

Cheers

Zac

The "bdasup.sys" file is already on server 2008 located on C:\Windows\System32\drivers. The "BDAXP.CAB" Has the old version of it which will cause problems (maybe). my advice is replace the old bdasup.sys FILE you copied from "BDAXP.CAB" with the original server one

Bad news from me, your guide does not help to me :no:

I follow all steps you wrote, all was installed successfully, but my software for watching TV still does not recognize my device.

When i start program, it shows this error:

post-188025-1209796540_thumb.jpg

when i go to settings to select device this i have:

post-188025-1209796640_thumb.jpg

I dont know what to do now...

thank you for your solution. however, when i use DVBViewer, in the setting/options, it seems that the "Digital TV" does not work, it said that there is no device found even i have plugged in the USB TV stick to my computer already. can anyone help me, please!

thank you for your solution. however, when i use DVBViewer, in the setting/options, it seems that the "Digital TV" does not work, it said that there is no device found even i have plugged in the USB TV stick to my computer already. can anyone help me, please!

ok, this is the same problem i had as well. Just run the file bda.inf from "BDAXP.cab" (from latest direcx download)again, and restart (right click on bda.inf and then choose install). if its promting you to install pnp devices that it finds, then just click cancel for all of them if it still does not work, then run bda.inf again, and this time when it finds the pnp devices, just locate and install. when its prompting pnp install make sure you browse to the files extracted from "bdaxp.cab"

Also the guide is sort of confusing, double check everything, and repeat all actions from my guide again if its still not working.

Bad news from me, your guide does not help to me :no:

I follow all steps you wrote, all was installed successfully, but my software for watching TV still does not recognize my device.

When i start program, it shows this error:

post-188025-1209796540_thumb.jpg

when i go to settings to select device this i have:

post-188025-1209796640_thumb.jpg

I dont know what to do now...

Make sure you have the latest "DIRECTX" installed. also a decent codec pack

run this file from DXSETUP.exe from the latest DX9 Redist download

if it still does not work then do this:

run the file bda.inf from "BDAXP.cab" (from latest direcx download)again, and restart (right click on bda.inf and then choose install). if its promting you to install pnp devices that it finds, then just click cancel for all of them if it still does not work, then run bda.inf again, and this time when it finds the pnp devices, just locate and install. when its prompting pnp install make sure you browse to the files extracted from "bdaxp.cab"

Also the guide is sort of confusing, double check everything, and repeat all actions from my guide again if its still not working.

Edited by shahed26