I have XP Home.How do you extract Sp3 to include in 1.4.5 beta 2.

jhmac77

I have WinXP Home. SP3 build 5503 was downloaded as a Windows Xp pro disk. How do you extract Sp3 to include in nLite 1.4.5 beta 2? When you build nLite 1.4.5 Beta 2 they ask for the sp3 only not the whole pro disk. I can't install Windows pro on my hard drive.

Is there a way around this. I am a newbie and maybe I am not understanding something here.

Jim

Edited by jhmac77

Maybe a little clarification is in order. You stated: I have windows xp home. OK, fine. You may have downloaded: sp3 build 5503, about 315MB exe. I seriously thought that you downloaded: windows xp pro which included sp3 build 5503. That would not be free, and it might be about 600-800MB's. If you somehow did manage to do that, then yes you are correct, you can "not" use "this": windows xp pro sp3 build 5503. Just get rid of it. You can't use it. Go somewhere on the net and find the standalone: sp3 build 5503, 315MB 'exe'. This you can integrate into your: windows xp home. Keep in mind, this is still a 'beta', it is "not" the final sp3, that is still to come out. So, you will have to do this all over again when the final comes out.

Hope this helps.

Can anyone suggest a good web site?

Thanks for the clarificaton. But the problem was that the only website I could find were torrent websites and the size was over 550 MB and they took a long time to download and they were slow downloaders.

I know nothing about bittorrent and I don't want to use it anymore. One website said Pro on it and I didn't use it but the other said nothing about Pro just XPSP3RTM. I just deleted that one now.

I will continue to look but I spent about 2 days looking and almost 2 days downloading. I had no problem finding RC 2.

Jim

SP3 release candidates as far as I know, are for XP Professional only, not XP home as well.

I could be mistaken, but I am fairly certain SP3 RC's are for Professional editions.

A former co-worker uses torrents and he has downloaded a few SP3 integrated images, and just yesterday downloaded one that was listed as XPSP3_RM.0_PRO_RTL_EN (the description on site did state it was a "what if 5503 was RTM, it would look almost exactly like this" ).

I examined the image compared to my own personal integrated images, because I prefer to do my own work. The creator of the image did an amazing job, even removing all the duplicate files that are no longer needed after integration, including ones that I myself had missed. Tested the image in VM: perfect install. Then came the real test, integrating my RAID drivers. Worked perfectly.

Now, I am not telling you to go out and download other people's integrated images because there is no excuse these days to learn to do it yourself, but, that XPSP3_RM.0_PRO_RTL_EN was the cleanest integrated only image I have seen.