Windows Vista Home premiun-To Windows Xp

David1987

Hi ppl....i bought a new laptop with windows vista home premium...so i really dont like windows vista, i wanna downgrade to windows xp but i have a problem when i insert the window xp's Cd...its say i can see no hard drive.

So a friend told i need floppy USB and download the drivers for that...

anyone can tell url or where i can download a xp for install on latop with hard drive ATA sthing like that.

I will wait the answer about it. :wacko:

The biggest problem we (we technicians) are finding with the newest computers running Vista is that there are NO XP drivers available for the hardware. XP without hardware drivers is dead in the water, it if will install at all.

With some disabling of the UAC, setting all screens and menu's to "Classic" and a registry tweak or two, Vista can be made to look and act more like XP and not be such a pain in the Xxx. :whistle:

The only thing you Can't do, is make Vista take up as little space on the HD as XP.

It's just HUGE.....I guess we'll have to live with that.

Good Luck,

Andromeda43 B)

The biggest problem we (we technicians) are finding with the newest computers running Vista is that there are NO XP drivers available for the hardware. XP without hardware drivers is dead in the water, it if will install at all.

With some disabling of the UAC, setting all screens and menu's to "Classic" and a registry tweak or two, Vista can be made to look and act more like XP and not be such a pain in the Xxx. :whistle:

The only thing you Can't do, is make Vista take up as little space on the HD as XP.

It's just HUGE.....I guess we'll have to live with that.

Good Luck,

Andromeda43 B)

the problem isn't that there are no XP drivers, the problem is that the XP CD doesn't hold those drivers you need on it, since XP is so old, unless you slip stream your own drivers into a new XP CD, you will have issues identifying many SATA controllers and newer hardware. drivers are out there. just up to you to intergrate them into XP where they are already there in vista

I'd also like to add that most manufacturers (Dell, Sony, etc) won't put the XP drivers on their sites but if you go to the actual hardware manufacturers site, you will find the drivers you seek.

• 1 year later...

I'd also like to add that most manufacturers (Dell, Sony, etc) won't put the XP drivers on their sites but if you go to the actual hardware manufacturers site, you will find the drivers you seek.

I'm still having trouble finding the m2n sli xp drivers...

Do the deluxe version sata drivers work for the previous model as well?

I really can't seem to find the m2n sli drivers, only deluxe.

God I hate vista...

Hi ppl....i bought a new laptop with windows vista home premium...so i really dont like windows vista, i wanna downgrade to windows xp but i have a problem when i insert the window xp's Cd...its say i can see no hard drive.

So a friend told i need floppy USB and download the drivers for that...

anyone can tell url or where i can download a xp for install on latop with hard drive ATA sthing like that.

I will wait the answer about it. :wacko:

hey first thing to do is write down the installed device types in device maniger

like if its intel make note of ich7,8,9,10

+network

+video

+sound

+usb

plz put the model of your laptop i can try to help u

Instead of going back to the now ancient XP, why not move up to the Windows 7 release candidate? You most likely won't encounter the driver problems, and it's stable as a rock.

There are still driver problems but sometimes you can get by using the Vista drivers.