start up programs

colore

hello

many people often are worried about long start up times of XP and this is often because of too many programs set to start up with XP

is there a way to make some programs start few seconds after XP start up?

this will prevent this common problem and it wont be inconvenient, since most start up programs aren't really meant to work at the time were XP loads

thanks

What difference would that make? The system will still have to wait for the programs to load up. I suggest you to disable the startup programs you don't need entirely and just run them when you do need them.

I think the advantage is obvious

there will be no congestion of the start up programs trying to start when XP loads, making the winxp start up more heavy than it already is

you need those programs to always be at hand (at tray) so you need them to start when xp loads, in order to save you starting them manualy or not to have them running in case you forgot to start them manualy

I am not talking about programs like antivirus that it must be started when the OS loads, but some others that you have them sit at tray

thanks

Sure there is a way.

Download XYNTservice and use this great program to load up a batch file that will only fire up the startup apps you need after a specified time interval.

I wrote about it here: http://www.boot-land.net/forums/XYNTService-t3526.html

---

For disabling redundant startup entries do look at hijack free from asquared, very good tool.

:)

For disabling redundant startup entries do look at hijack free from asquared, very good tool.

yea very nice program. shows you alot that you would normally have to dig through and find lol :thumbup