Some problem with WPI 6.3

OK the ussual questions now:

Did you nLite your XP disk?

What SP?

Parrallels HUH? I will grab meeself a copy and run it in parrallels just to try.

Are you trying it from a mapped or networked drive?

How did you start WPI? Manually or with one of the solutions provided?

OK the ussual questions now:

Did you nLite your XP disk?

Yes I do.

What SP?

Windows XP SP2

Parrallels HUH? I will grab meeself a copy and run it in parrallels just to try.

Parrallels Workstation with virual mashin Windows XP

Are you trying it from a mapped or networked drive?

No,I have no nework in my house.

How did you start WPI? Manually or with one of the solutions provided?

I do nothing.I am surprised with that pop-up.

Did you remove Ineternet Explorer? If yes then there's your issue.

Parrallels seems pretty funny to me as I can't even get my custom boot menu to work with it. Are you stuck on it? Did you buy it? If not can I suggest another like VirtualPC (free) VirtualBox (free) or even better yet VMWare (not free but you do get 30 day free trials)...

Kelsenellenelvian,

I know this is not the forum for asking this question, but since you commented in this thread about VMware and I have gotten no response on other forums -

I posted this and hope you can help me ( I'm not trying to hijack this thread.)

After realizing that Virtual PC and VirtualBox do not support XP x64 guests, I have looked at VMware Server Free for a testing environment for an nLite built disc. Looking at the VMware website, it looks like even their free product is aimed at companies. They ask many question before allowing download about my company (none, I'm retired).

Is it possible for an individual to use the free SW in the home? Are there any testing solutions for both the host and guest OSs being Win XP x64?

I hope someone can shine some light on this area. If anyone has experience with VMware Servrer Free, I would appreciate their opinions and advice.

Thanks much........John

Thanks much.............John

Kelsenellenelvian,

I know this is not the forum for asking this question, but since you commented in this thread about VMware and I have gotten no response on other forums -

I posted this and hope you can help me ( I'm not trying to hijack this thread.)

After realizing that Virtual PC and VirtualBox do not support XP x64 guests, I have looked at VMware Server Free for a testing environment for an nLite built disc. Looking at the VMware website, it looks like even their free product is aimed at companies. They ask many question before allowing download about my company (none, I'm retired).

Is it possible for an individual to use the free SW in the home? Are there any testing solutions for both the host and guest OSs being Win XP x64?

I hope someone can shine some light on this area. If anyone has experience with VMware Servrer Free, I would appreciate their opinions and advice.

Thanks much........John

Thanks much.............John

VMware Server is basically a stripped down version of ESX Server. Its basically a teaser product to get companies interested in ESX server, which is all about managing VM resources, high availability, disaster recovery, etc. As Kel said, it is not for you. You need VMware workstation, and you have to host it on a x64 machine if you want x64 guests.

Kelsenellenelvian and zorphnog,

Thanks to both for your responses. I will look no further at VMware Server Free. Right now it looks like I am SOL for a free solution to test my nLite-ed XP x64 disc (I do have an XP x64 host).

Thanks to both of you................John

Edited by johnhc