Driver for GeForce 8600M GT (XP)

iceangel89

where can i find the drivers for GeForce 8600M GT, for XP? in the NVIDIA site, there is only driver for 8800M not for any others, 8600M GT? my Laptop comes with Vista and i have installed XP, so looking for a driver for it. i have used driver packs but in games, the graphics performance seems sloppy. in Command & Conquer 3 and Battlefield 2, the game defaults to Low graphics. and even if i increase the video config, it does not seem to look much better...

in my desktop with Geforce 7500LE or another old laptop with ATI Radeon X600 it looks much better. GeForce 8600M GT 512MB should be better?

the specs:

Intel C2D T9300 2.5GHz Penryn

4GB DDR2 667

320GB SATA

GeForce 8600M GT

in device manager, i can see that the video adapter is GeForce 8600 GT but the performance dont seem to be as expected... how can i verify this?

Edited by iceangel89

your card is supported by general forceware software..

this is a link to the latest drivers

http://downloads.guru3d.com/ForceWare-174.53-XP-(32-bit-)-download-1884.html

Please note: 8600 GT is a weak card ... it is good for moves & general use, but gaming it wont be great..

my budget had me buy one of these cards and as it was using (512mb)ddr2 i thought same as you regarding performance, so i returned it and paid the extra $40 for less ram (256mb) but of quality DDR3 and now i can game and the card aint half bad for what i need it for.

just check your card if its using ddr2 ram that will be why your card lacking perforance

but in the site it says:

GeForce Release 174

Products supported:

GeForce 9800 GX2

GeForce 9600 GT

* Added support for GeForce 9800 GX2 GPUs.

* Added new PureVideo HD features for GeForce 9800 GX2:

o Dynamic Contrast Enhancement

o Dynamic Blue, Green & Skin Tone Enhancements

o Dual-Stream Decode Acceleration *

mine is 8600M GT?

Please note: 8600 GT is a weak card ... it is good for moves & general use, but gaming it wont be great..

my budget had me buy one of these cards and as it was using (512mb)ddr2 i thought same as you regarding performance, so i returned it and paid the extra $40 for less ram (256mb) but of quality DDR3 and now i can game and the card aint half bad for what i need it for.

just check your card if its using ddr2 ram that will be why your card lacking perforance

but surely it will be better than a 7500LE or a X600? probably with DDR2 too. my laptop is 8600M GT with DDR2 ram. and i notice that in the (what do u call this...) the EA ad when 1st starting C&C3 i see banding in it... wonder if this means anything?

Untitled-1-1.jpg

in this pic it sems ok but on screen its not... maybe its becos of my LCD?

Driver for Laptop Nvidia Graphic cards: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

There are default desktop drivers and modded *.inf files.

are these safe? lol

and isit from this page? http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/index....showtopic=17986

and isit Driver, Modded INF, INF Enhancer?

ooo its Driver then Modded INF right? i'll try

------

zzz... i got a BSOD... i guess it dont work...

mmm... wonder if i use Vista (since all drivers will be automatically installed, will the performance be better? it has DX10 after all, will it be better? mmm... nv tried a vLited Vista SP1 yet...

Edited by iceangel89

where can i find the drivers for GeForce 8600M GT, for XP? in the NVIDIA site, there is only driver for 8800M not for any others, 8600M GT? my Laptop comes with Vista and i have installed XP, so looking for a driver for it. i have used driver packs but in games, the graphics performance seems sloppy. in Command & Conquer 3 and Battlefield 2, the game defaults to Low graphics. and even if i increase the video config, it does not seem to look much better...

in my desktop with Geforce 7500LE or another old laptop with ATI Radeon X600 it looks much better. GeForce 8600M GT 512MB should be better?

the specs:

Intel C2D T9300 2.5GHz Penryn

4GB DDR2 667

320GB SATA

GeForce 8600M GT

in device manager, i can see that the video adapter is GeForce 8600 GT but the performance dont seem to be as expected... how can i verify this?

Go here, download drivers and install it.

What are you talking about??? This card is not bad at all. I run all games on my Desktop very well, at max available resolution and with all details maxed. And everything goes smooth and with great picture quality.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

are these safe? lol

Of course this is not safe.

If you like a safe solution: use graphic card drivers from Laptop manufacturer.

If Laptop manufacturer dosn't provide appropiate drivers, try a non safe solution.

Of course that's at your own risk.

Which nvidia driver version do you use currently? Try a newer one, but don't use the newest.

What are you talking about??? This card is not bad at all. I run all games on my Desktop very well, at max available resolution and with all details maxed. And everything goes smooth and with great picture quality.

i am talking abt GeForce 8600M GT for a laptop. supposedly supported but gives me a BSOD so i think it does not work... its abt the nv4_disp or something like that... the BSOD

Which nvidia driver version do you use currently? Try a newer one, but don't use the newest.

i use 6.14.11.6921 (12/5/2007) according to device manager