Turns out XP SP3 (5503) is real

ltsnow

I'm not really sure there is anything to be gained over build 3311. This was only designed for a subset of beta testers, whatever that means. I didn't find any difference except of course it didn't have a build number like 3311.

OI alot to be GAINED !!!

read my "im a noob thread" above this... it helped me from pulling my hair out !!

not sure why it jumped up so much in numbers... 33** to 5503 but i can justify that as my HD onboard Audio is now working fine and wasn't with older releases !!!

realtek HD 1.89 just released and running fine on 5503

OI alot to be GAINED !!!

read my "im a noob thread" above this... it helped me from pulling my hair out !!

not sure why it jumped up so much in numbers... 33** to 5503 but i can justify that as my HD onboard Audio is now working fine and wasn't with older releases !!!

realtek HD 1.89 just released and running fine on 5503

Oh yeh, forgot about that. It doesn't affect me.

Maybe this can help you

http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=521

Microsoft clarified that there will not be any integrated SP3 release for Windows XP Media Center Edition or Windows XP Tablet Edition.

"The XP SP3 5503 build was a minor interim build released to address one specific issue for a subset of private beta testers," revealed a Microsoft spokesperson in an email to Softpedia.

this is not final ....just hold your horses

microsoft will release this soon. i read somewhere it will be released next week and other sources say taht will be released in april.

just wait and see