Office 2000 Vista

Vince4Amy

Office 2000 sucessfully installs on Vista and it runs fine. Though the thing is all updates have to be done manually, office update is not compatible with Vista though it works fine for Office 2000 on XP. Microsoft Update will not work for Office 2000 and I don't need to upgrade to a newer version on this machine. I have been applying updates manually though I am certain that I'm either missing some or applying the wrong updates for the chosen packages that I have installed.

Is there any way I could update Office 2k on Vista using a Web based frontend such as Office Update on Microsoft's Website? Remember that Microsoft Update doesn't find updates for Office 2000.

You're lucky, as it wasn't supposed to work. It doesn't run on my friend's vista ultimate (32 bit) laptop... But why do you need updates for Office?

Actually...

Microsoft Office 2000, Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Office 2003, and the 2007 Microsoft Office suites are all supported on Windows Vista. The 2007 Office suites were extensively tested on Windows Vista for best compatibility.

I would consider using something like MBSA to scan for missing Office updates, and update it that way. I know of no HTML front-end for this (there may be, but it won't be from MS).