Help with "Prompt Repair" not prompting

DeadlyFoez

Hi all, this is my first post on this board. Thank you all for having me. :thumbup

Ok, so my issue is, I'm trying to Nlite a series of discs for home and pro. I want to be able to have the option of a repair install, but for some reason when I finally goto run my iso in a vm it never prompts me to do so, it just goes straight to selecting the partition.

Now, I'm not sure if maybe my procedure has anything to do with it, I do my prcedure like this:

Clean OEM Disc->WMP Slipstreamer->Nlite->DriverPacks->create ISO

From what I've read for a while is that seems to be the procedure that many others do. The only other thing I add in is $OEM$ for oemlogo that I copy into myself.

I know that I am clicking the right options in Nlite, but it's not working. And also in the unnattended tab, when I put the drop down box to "Prompt Repair, it greys out "OEM Preinstall".

So anyone have any guesses. I've been searching for a while and finally had to break down and join the forum. Thanx a bunch

in case you didn't already do it, look thru the things you selected for removal in nlite, and make sure you kept nt backup or enabled the NT Backup|Volume Shadow Copy compatibility option, because if you don't keep nt backup then that will disable Automated System Recovery

I dont remove anything from the installation. And I've tried it with the nlite and then ran it on vm and it prompted repair, and then I driverpacked that same setup that I just nlited and it wouldn't prompt repair anymore

Edited by DeadlyFoez

OK thanx guys.

Now, can I just extract the driver packs to a temp folder, and just keep referencing to integrate those drivers in nlite? I'm trying to integrate all chipset, lan, sound, video, wlan, and mass storage drivers. Will I have to use something other than driverpack's driver packs??(you get what I mean)

I like the way driverpacks did it by leaving them 7zipped on the install media and then extracty it to the HD. I think that driver packs changed the install mode to Hide Pages instead of Prompt Repair. Where would I look to confirm that this is the case?

So if I can make it work right I will do it either way, with or without using driverpacks integrator software then I will be extremely happy.

ok, anyone else?? I really do appreciate some input. And its not like I'm some moron user that doesn't know how to use the search function bc I have (but this forums search function isn't googl, and google didn't help much anyway)

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem: i want the repair option + DriverPacks.

It seems that the "[unattended]" section in the WINNT.SIF brakes the "Prompt repair" option in nLite.

So the only solutions i see are:

1. to manually enable "Promt repair" after we splistream DriverPacks - how do we do that ?

2. to put the drivers from DriverPacks with the "Integrate - Drivers" option from nLite - we need to put them in textmode (i meen for the SATA drivers, for example), for that we need the TXTSETUP.OEM (i could not find something like that for DriverPacks)

Im have same problem! And 2 days of search give me result! Next content of winnt.sif gives repir promt and full autoinstall. You may change any param in nlite, but before create iso must correct winnt.sif

PS you must replace regional params!

PPS sorry for my worst english

[Data]

AutomaticUpdates="No"

Autopartition=0

MsDosInitiated=0

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

EulaComplete="1"

[systemRestore]

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

TimeZone=170

OEMSkipRegional=1

OemSkipWelcome=1

[shell]

DefaultStartPanelOff="Yes"

[Components]

[userData]

ProductID=*****-*****-*****-*****-*****

ComputerName=XPSP3

FullName="User"

[RegionalSettings]

LanguageGroup=5

Language= "0419"

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents="Yes"

[WindowsFirewall]

Profiles=WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall

[WindowsFirewall.TurnOffFirewall]

Mode=0

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup="WORKGROUP"

Edited by uniken1

Yes, but i don't see any "[unattended]" stuff so i guess the DriverPacks do not work.

Do you actually used any DriverPacks or you just wanted the Repair option ? (because with nLite you can enable the Repair option)

DriverPacks dont impact on winnt.sif (if you dont touch unnattended!)!

you may try integrate DriverPacks in cleare source(or delete winnt.sif before integrate) and you see that winnt.sif absence.

My repair option, (both ASR,which wants a previously prepared floppy anyway - no floppy on my system :P) and the old "hit R for repair" at the screen where you choose partitions to install on, have already not been working in my SP2 disk...

but yes, if anyone knows if there's a line to put in Winnt.sif, that would force windows to prompt for repair?

DriverPacks dont impact on winnt.sif (if you dont touch unnattended!)!

you may try integrate DriverPacks in cleare source(or delete winnt.sif before integrate) and you see that winnt.sif absence.

All i know is that with nLite i can make an Xp image with Repair working, and after i integrate driverpacks (massStorage for example) the Repair is gone so it's changing something... we just want to know what and change it back.