Vista SP1 - Full Install Now Available

jrf2027

Just a FYI: the whole "driver incompatibility" thing only affects people with old hardware or junkie no-name hardware that has refused to make their driver compatible officially with Windows, and instead choose to "keep hacking it until it worked".

Assume anything made after 2000 will absolutely work for sure.

I've been running SP1 on a brand new HP laptop for 4 weeks now, it's great.

Most people should just download the bits needed from Windows update, the install is about 48 meg compared to the monster download for the full language source. save yourself some BW and time, hit up windows update!

I downloaded everything there is to download from Windows Update but Vista still doesn't show the SP1 in the download list. I checked the system info if it already had installed it w/o warning but it didn't :/

I downloaded everything there is to download from Windows Update but Vista still doesn't show the SP1 in the download list. I checked the system info if it already had installed it w/o warning but it didn't :/

I'm guessing you may have one of the drivers MS has identified as potentially causing problems with Vista installation. Check out MS KB948343 for more information.

I'm guessing you may have one of the drivers MS has identified as potentially causing problems with Vista installation. Check out MS KB948343 for more information.

Thats the weirdest part, this is an HP Pavillion the came pre installed wit Vista Home Premium.

EDIT: I checked the link it says that the HD Audio[The same one on my Pavillion dv6647cl] might be out of date

Conexant HD Audio

• For x86-based computers: Chdart.sys - version 4.32.0.0 or earlier

• For x64-based computers: Chdart64.sys - version 4.32.0.0 or earlier

I got version 4.18....I tried updating this from Windows Update and after restart my sound wasn't working anymore as well as the shortcut sound buttons on the laptop. The driver for the audio card I have is specifically made for this laptop and its features. Microsoft tries to download the normal driver for it and it isn't compatible. What should I do?

Edited by FoxHound

I got version 4.18....I tried updating this from Windows Update and after restart my sound wasn't working anymore as well as the shortcut sound buttons on the laptop. The driver for the audio card I have is specifically made for this laptop and its features. Microsoft tries to download the normal driver for it and it isn't compatible. What should I do?

Go to HP's site and download the latest version of the audio driver, install it and see if your sound works.

If it does, you could try downloading the standalone installer and installing SP1 from there, and then reinstall the audio driver after SP1 install is complete...but I make no warranties about that working for you.

I spoke with MS tech support regardmng another issue and the SP1 came up in conversation. It's not on Windows Update in certain regions of the US yet. So you'll have to download the full 5 language pack for your system (i.e. 32 or 64 bit). Before you install Vista SP1 check your download list of previous installed updates in Windows Update and make sure you have the following installed

• KB935509
  • KB937287
  • KB938371

You are good-to-go if they've been applied.