NUBS + Winamp + ipod Problem

risk_reversal

I am having problems with 98SE and the above combination.

I have NUBS 2.4 installed which correctly detected the ipod. A 1Gb Shuffle 2.0.

I installed Winamp v5.35 (amongst others) with the Portable Device Support ie ml_pmp. Winamp detects the ipod Shuffle and I can copy songs onto the Shuffle without issues. If I unplug the Shuffle the songs will play.

The problem I am getting is as follows. When the ipod is connected to Winamp if I delete any songs they show as being deleted within Winamp but still remain on the Shuffle. Winamp also shows the ipod with less available space.

I have read post about ipods doing this and it apparently relates (I think) to the database file being corrupted the files is Tunes.DB. I am getting this with a freshly restored ipod so the problem begins immediately.

In the first instance, I was wondering (a longshot) whether it might NUBS creating this problem.

Also is anyone using NUBS with Winamp and any ipod getting this?

I did try to install the NUBS + Winamp + ipod on another clean 98SE system with the same results.

I tried several versions of Winamp with the included ipod plugin (ml_pmp), 5.32 worked fine but same issue as 5.35. 5.24 locked up virtually immediately.

I also tried the ml_ipod plug in on v5.13, 5.24, 5.32 & 5.35 which resulted in Winamp giving the same error namely that 'Winamp has caused a stack error in module Kernel32.dll at 017F:BFF7429F". I tried googling this but no results. I also go this identical error message on two 98SE systems.

An unusual problem but I would welcome users comments as to whether they have experienced any similar issues.

Many thanks for any info provided

Cheers

Edited by risk_reversal

I've had the exact same problem with a Shuffle. This seems to be related to the winamp plug-in though, since I've had it under XP.

Well, at least NUSB should not the cause since iPod specific drivers gives the same issue (not a surprise since they're similar).

My advice is to use another software to deal with the iPod.

Yamipod does this job quite well.I find last version a little buggy though and prefer older v1.0.1.

Anapod works great too. It's payware but you can use the free trial.

glocK_94, many thanks for letting me know that you had the same issue with your Shuffle + Winamp under XP. At least now I know that the winamp plugin is responsible and I can look for another solution.

I have taken your advice and looked at both Yamipod and Anapod. Anapod seems fine, although the main draw back with the free version is that you can only copy one song at a time.

Yamipod also worked but required an installation of Quick Time. FYG I installed Quick Time Alternative and Yamipod seemed happy with that.

Cheers

seriously consider trying: J.River Media Jukebox FREE

and integrates much better with iPod

http://www.mediajukebox.com/index.html

Best file organization of any digital music jukebox

Connect your iPod or PlaysForSure device

Play all popular music files, and audio podcasts

Rip, Burn and Encode to multiple formats

Create custom Playlists and Smartlists

Extensive Tagging capabilities

Automatic CD, Album art and Track look-up

Full speed Ripping and Burning