my nlite exp (first attempt)

x1x9x8x1

As title says this was my first crack at using this, Firstly to the creators of this THANK YOU..

Ok i wasn't expecting my first attempt to actually work, but well it somewhat did, better than i expected anyway.

i am a newb and have alot of reading on your forums to do to try and get a better understanding of this app, but as this was my first attempt i didn't remove as much as i would have liked, and i ran into a few issues:

- unable to get my onboard sound working (was working fine under normal install)

- after adding drivers for my video card,mobo chipset & sound drivers, non of these appeared to be installed once windows installation was complete.

- i managed to slipstream a few apps in from someone "my apps" thread and all went very smoothly.

anyway back to the drawing boards :( 2nd attempt now..

i'll keep updating this thread as a some form of newb guide in the hope it helps others in the same boat have less hassles..

Any advice or comments to my problems are welcomed

thanks

I use Nlite all the time and maybe I can help a little. I remove all the drivers and then add all of my drivers--chipset, display, modem, network, and monitor. I cannot integrate the sound driver because you can't do it with soundblaster. You have to add it after the install. Since you have onboard sound maybe you removed something that prevented it from working. Keep trying. I can do it very fast now since I've done it so many times. My XP Pro installs are about 300MB.

thanks for reply..

But i have to admit im a noob...

all i want is the following: (please advise me if this is possible)

- windows xp (integrated sp3)

- a few apps, well not a few enough to pack a full dvd

- i do own software i have paid for, (id like to be able to not have to fill in the serial number each time i format tho)

my pc [ p35-ds3p (onboard sound HD realtek) / e8400 / / 8600gt / 2 gig ram ]

- i would really like someone to explain to me how to get these drivers integrated as for the life of me im yet to get a driver to install by its self :(

i can get apps to install easy enough.. my main concern is drivers at the moment...

anyone out there get drivers to install correctly ??

Edited by x1x9x8x1

If you're going to use SP3, make sure that it is v5503. None of the other releases support High Def. Audio, so you won't have any sound.

SP3 v5503 does support HDA, and it should be OK to slipstream it into nLite as far as your sound problem goes.

"Witt3439"

:thumbup

Never kissed a guy before (hence im not gay.. but you'll be my first if i ever do)

Mate for 2 days now ive sat here trying to work out whats going on.. just about to take a hammer to the onboard sound ... geeeeeeezzzz THANKS HEAPS !!!

im using the slightly older SP3 so going to download this newer one now and hopefully slip that in over the top of the current one.. and ill get back to a new nlite dvd tomorrow.. this missing sound has been putting me off nlite ..

anyway thanks again your a lifesaver...

(havn't tested yet, ill update once ive done it) THANKS

Update: working 100%

"Witt3439" Thanks 1 hour after reading your post i now have a nice clean install chipset/sound/lan/video drivers all installed ..

really appreciate your help, now i know it will work 100% i can start tweaking and testing

regards me

Update: working 100%

"Witt3439" Thanks 1 hour after reading your post i now have a nice clean install chipset/sound/lan/video drivers all installed ..

really appreciate your help, now i know it will work 100% i can start tweaking and testing

regards me

Glad you got it working. I can see that maybe the 5503 build did the trick for your sound, but for the life of me I can't understand why you couldn't install the other drivers. I've done it with every SP3 build as well as SP2.

"but for the life of me I can't understand why you couldn't install the other drivers"

that was an error on my behalf, i was pointing to a single inf, when i need to select the multi-file (folder)..

and as for the service pack, there was no support for HD audio in the older sp3 service packs..

but thanks everyone for you input, this is a great tool, i really wish i had found a long time ago, i was selling custom built pc's at once stage and customers always calling me up saying this & that wasn't working or something was wrong, but on soo many occasions they had been "testing out" apps they had no idea how to use and so on...

well for now i have no reason to move to vista, so this tool will still come in very handy.

I do have another question tho... (tell me if i should make a new thread about it)

but my question is: I have found a really nice basic (vista style theme) in .EXE format can i somehow add this to my custom_windows dvd ?? via nlite ??

i have seen the theme section in nlite but seems it asks for a .theme extension..

Can't you extract the .exe file with winrar or 7-zip? Often you can. I thought your driver problem might be an .inf problem. Glad you like Nlite. I love it. Since I found Nlite and Acronis I can make images of different builds and go back and forth in a matter of minutes.

Edited by ltsnow

PLEASE NO KISSING!!! lol

Glad that I could help though. :thumbup

I found out the hard way once that the older SP3 betas and RCs acted up like that. They did not include support for HDA and it was almost impossible to get Realtek sound to work if SP3 was already installed. (Regardless of whether you nlited the install or did it the old fashioned way. If SP3 was installed before the audio drivers, then audio didn't work.)

So, been there, done that, is the right way for me to put it. :D

Edited by Witt3439

"PLEASE NO KISSING!!! lol"

we skipped that part B) straight to the fun parts :D

yeah yeah ima all lovey dovey now :( but only cause its working, not much i tamper with works lol, i do try tho, and for someone to offer a reasonable explanation, that is reason for joy...

now i just need help getting my current .exe theme into a .theme file so i can import via nlite :)

thanks guys