Help installing Windows XP

Hello.

Here is what i did:

1- Slipstreamed this driver with the Win xp installation: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_630a_winxp64_14.10.html

2- Installed windows.

Then when the installation completed succecfully, windows Xp x64 was loading, so i got Bsod and restart very fast, so i recorded it with my phone and paused it when i could see the Error code that is 0x0000007b :blink:

I dont what to do now ? no clue, I appreciate any help

My computer info:

Billede1.jpg

Billede2.jpg

Billed3.jpg

Billed4.jpg

Any hope for me running Windows xp? :S i am really confused and sick of vista

Edited by xabdullahx

The 0x0000007b error is generally due to a missing/wrong Mass Storage device driver, typically on newish machines it is a missing/wrong SATA driver.

jaclaz

Ya, i googled and found out the same, but how to solve it?

Is it because i didnt slipstreamed the AHCI drivers?

Edited by xabdullahx

Ya, i googled and found out the same, but how to solve it?

Is it because i didnt slipstreamed the AHCI drivers?

Yes. Either integrate the Ahci drivers with nLite, or disable Ahci in the Bios and set it to Legacy/Ide instead.

• 2 months later...

I have benchmarked AHCI performance to death here. Imho there is no actual real world good reason to enable it.

Imagine you want to start a recovery cd or boot something whatever media, and it doesnt recognize your harddrives since AHCI is enabled.

Then you have to go into bios and deactivate it, then you go about your project, finish that, and to get back into windows, you will need to enable AHCI again, unless you want windows to start searching for the IDE drivers for your drives.

Supposedly AHCI helps on prefetching what it thinks you need to acces next on your disc drives.

This actually *INCREASES LATENCY* on your harddrives, and as happily other negative side-effect, your system is kept waiting just that tad little millisecond or worse, more millisecond, on what to do next. This is especially true to be annoying when you are doing things typically needing immidiate system response, as in burning media and heavy multi tasking, gaming and processing large texture packs and what not, video editing, and listening to music, if so all this is on the same harddrive, you will guaranteed experience more latency.

Now, HAVING SAID ALL THAT, we are all different, some people will happily live with a samsung 215TW monitor f.ex and never think that it actually renders picture at a 46ms latency.

AHCI is ok in itself, if you really optimize the system for it, but IMHO it is not mature yet. We need SATA-3 harddrives and new chipsets.

It's a technology sitting on the fence waiting for the rest of the world to play ketchup.

For the time being, unless you for some reason really need it, dont bother with it. It wont be worth it.

Unless you are going ALL-IN for a high end system costing about 5 minutes of Bill Gates per-minute-income, AHCI isnt worth the trouble.