Vista TCPIP.SYS patch thread

[TiLT]

google for a "cracked tcpip.sys driver". This is a small driver which patches the tcpip.sys inside the memory

And last time I tried that for my Vista Ultimate 64bit, I wouldn't boot because the TCPIP.sys file was not signed by Microsoft

Same here! Please add this function to vLite, it's so annoying to have to press F8 at every boot of Vista SP1 to disable driver signature :(

To automate the F8 process you can use the ReadyDriver Plus v1.1 (works on both x64 and x86).

Hm, is a patched tcpip.sys for Vista x64 SP1 out there anyway?

And yes, I would be very pleased to see this feature - patched tcpip.sys for Vista x86/x64 SP1 without pressing F8 - in vLite, too! :hello:

Same here! Please add this function to vLite, it's so annoying to have to press F8 at every boot of Vista SP1 to disable driver signature :(

To automate the F8 process you can use the ReadyDriver Plus v1.1 (works on both x64 and x86).

Hm, is a patched tcpip.sys for Vista x64 SP1 out there anyway?

And yes, I would be very pleased to see this feature - patched tcpip.sys for Vista x86/x64 SP1 without pressing F8 - in vLite, too! :hello:

Thank you very much! It worked like a charm!

I'm not sure if you can disable permanently the driver signing enforcement in Vista SP1 & Server 2008. In the GA release, Microsoft has announced that this is not going to be possible even by hitting F8. The digital signature enforcement will become turned on automatically and you will not be able to turn it off on bootup at all. This makes for real problems with enhanced drivers, and will force companies to work in greater detail to ensure they have Microsoft's signature or approval on drivers. The only way to make this work now is by hitting F8, turning it off by changing the settings in gpedit.msc or any other means such as cmd prompt will not work at all. It is alway turned on by default on bootup.

Using ReadyDriver Plus v1.1 is an alternative but doing it automatically, not sure!. Some people tried Vista boot pro but in result they are not be able to boot at all only to restore their OS.

Be patient!

Edited by hannubys

• 3 weeks later...

Since a week I am running vista x64 too. Had a lot of problems with my connection while using µTorrent. After a lot of reading I found 2 solutions. One is patching tcpip.sys. However this doesn't work (well) in vista x64.

Fortunately uTorrent and Azureus have build in preferences for net.max.halfopen and bt.connect_speed. With these settings patching tcpip.sys is no longer required.

Goto µTorrent -> preferences -> advanced

• set net.max.halfopen to 4 (This is how many connection attempts µTorrent will make at the same time. This value must NEVER be higher than 8 for unpatched Windows systems! You can still have 100+ connections to seeds and peers depending on your µTorrent -> bandwidth settings.)
  • set bt.connect_speed to 4 (This controls the number of connections per second that µTorrent makes. This value must NEVER be higher than 8 for unpatched Windows systems!)
  • set peer.resolve_country to false (for slow connections)

Changing these settings will also get rid of the million 'event ID 4226' errors. The only downside I saw so far is that it can take a few minutes before µTorrent get to its full speed. The good thing is that I can browse the net again or even play games without any problems while µTorrent is running.

I hope this can be of any help.