Aopen MP945-VXR mini pc CRT monitor problem

UtCollector

Recently I bought the aopen MP945-VXR minipc. It same's to have a problem to start. Its annoying me big time. :wacko:

The problem described:

The screen does not turn on. The light of the keyboard don't turn on for a moment like normal. (some times they do) The mouse also wont turn on. (I don’t hear any beeps turning the pc on. Got no internal speakers e guess)

I got the pc connected with a dvi to vga & dvi converter. I connected a crt monitor to it. (The crt monitor works when i connect it with a normal pc)

After sometime messing with the cable's and turning the pc on and of i finally get the pc running normally. The system will run just normal than. Also i can put the pc on and of like normal. But if i power it down and wont to power on next day i get the same annoying problem. :realmad:

I did update the bios went i got the pc running. I use XP on the pc.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

I did think about the following reasons my self:

A bios problem that hasn’t been fixed?

Maybe i need to change some bios settings?

Maybe the battery is empty?

Pc spec's:

Intel 945GM + ICH7M-DH Chipset

Powerful Graphics core Intel GMA 950 with DirectX9 support

High Definition Audio Codec 7.1 Channel Output:

Built-in IR Receiver

A links to the quit expensive not proper working product:

http://www.aopen.nl/products_detail.aspx?c...2165&mdstl=

Any help would be great. Thanks

Edited by UtCollector

• 5 weeks later...

Those are neat little machines. I set those up all the time. My first question was if you had the light on the front or not! I can't remember if that model is the one with the IR light and the 2 USB ports on the front... They made so many models that are all practically the same that I get them confused.

Those are neat little machines. I set those up all the time. My first question was if you had the light on the front or not! I can't remember if that model is the one with the IR light and the 2 USB ports on the front... They made so many models that are all practically the same that I get them confused.

Hi, does sure are neat machines. Save some on the energy bill to :thumbup

It got the IR light on the front. Only 2 usb ports on the back. Use a usb hub on it.

2,5 sata hard drive is limited to 160 gb max i read some where.. Could you tell me if that is trou?

Here are the most models show: http://www.aopen.nl/Products.aspx

I'm not sure about the HDD size as we've only used 60s and 80s I think. It might be because of the drive type, it basically has a SATA notebook drive in there. The only thing I'm not too keen about with these is that they get a little warm.

There are definately HDDs that are bigger than 160GB using 3GBps. Toshiba makes a 320GB for that type. I used that as an example because my last ticket I sent to AOpen had a Toshiba 60GB Mobile SATA drive in it, so I looked on their website for their other drives. This particular one fell under their "2.5 inch" section of notebook drives.

I'm not sure about the HDD size as we've only used 60s and 80s I think. It might be because of the drive type, it basically has a SATA notebook drive in there. The only thing I'm not too keen about with these is that they get a little warm.

There are definately HDDs that are bigger than 160GB using 3GBps. Toshiba makes a 320GB for that type. I used that as an example because my last ticket I sent to AOpen had a Toshiba 60GB Mobile SATA drive in it, so I looked on their website for their other drives. This particular one fell under their "2.5 inch" section of notebook drives.

Hmm i gone check at how hot the hard drive get some time. I sure is close to the body. Thanks for telling me.

As a recent example, we had a couple MP965 units running non-stop for the past two months, both in Windows. We didn't get around to do anything with them until yesterday when I reimaged them. They both were sitting on the cardboard box they come with, and the Driver CD inside was HOT... Could've burned the place down lol.

As a recent example, we had a couple MP965 units running non-stop for the past two months, both in Windows. We didn't get around to do anything with them until yesterday when I reimaged them. They both were sitting on the cardboard box they come with, and the Driver CD inside was HOT... Could've burned the place down lol.

Well not going to try that out :lol:

But could you tell me if this minipc could handel a T5500 I don't see it in the rcl list on the aopen site. The T5600 how ever is in the list.

I don't see a place where there is a list of the supported CPU models like that. You are using the NL site which is a little different than what I am used to. We never used a Yonah CPU before, and frankly this was the first time I'd heard of it! :blink:

Is there a big difference in those two CPUs?

Edited by Tripredacus