HFSLIP64 v1.1.5 released

Tomcat76

Done!

Perfect. I burned the iso to a CD and installed on a real machine (X2 4600+, 3.5GB RAM ) and everything went fine. No errors during setup, no updates wanted by MU/WU.

nicely done, tommy.

Again, a zillion thanks for your good work and your patience!

PD: Tommy, you should update the first post to inform everyone that MRT.exe has to be manually extracted and then placed in HF.

PD2: I made an updated swflash 10 package for HFSLIP64. I can send it to you for uploading @hfslip.org

PD3: Link to hfslip64 1.1.4 doesn't work.

PD4: Link to HFSLIP64_POST_DelObsBin_v4.zip still points to v3.

bye!

One last thing, is it possible to slipstream MSI4.5?

Edited by jvidal

Tommy, link for hflsip64 1.1.4 is still broken. As well as the link for the updated HFSLIP64_POST_DelObsBin_v4.zip

(none of them exist).

On the other hand, the link for the swflash 10 package works fine.

• 3 months later...

What are the advantages of HFSLIP x64 over nLite ?

The following comparisson goes for both HFSLIP/HFSLIP64 VS. nLite...

• More updates supported for direct integration(e.g. nLite normally don't support updates with new binaries added, WMP updates for <WMP11 versions are wrongly slipped, DX updates not supported etc.)
  • IE8 slipstreaming.
  • WMP11 slipstreaming.
  • DirectX slipstreaming.
  • WUA slipstreaming.
  • Can be run unattended(nLite cannot when adding new updates to slipstream).
  • No NET dependency. (ligh framework is still 23 megs extra and writes to '%windir%\system32' and to a msft system reg-key).
  • Open-source.

etc. etc. :)

Tommy, is MSI 4.5 supported by hfslip64?

I don't think so. I don't plan on adding it either. HFSLIP64 is no longer maintained and I have not a single interest in it.

Edited by tommyp

Tommy, is MSI 4.5 supported by hfslip64?

I don't think so. I don't plan on adding it either. HFSLIP64 is no longer maintained and I have not a single interest in it.

Hi. I was wondering. I am trying to make a slipstream xp pro 64 with SATA drivers for my new build, so I can format a sata 150 gig as my system drive. I dont have a floppy at all so cant load them that way. will HFSLIP64 allow me to add the drivers to the mix so that I can do this ? Its a brand new build using only SATA drives and a GIGABYTE mobo, and so far I havent been able to figure out how to do the slip stream. My copy of 64 dosent have the TXTSETUP.SIF that a Guy on MaximumPC stated I had to modify in my i386 file in my XP. I looked and never found it. I found it in my older XP PRO SP2 32bit folder but was unsure if I could swap it to the 64bit with out disaster. Help please ?

Your copy does not have txtsetup.sif? Txtsetup.sif is an essential file for setting up windows. It's also an essential file that hfslip modifies to add new files for install. If you don't have txtsetup.sif, then hfslip won't work for you either.

Your copy does not have txtsetup.sif? Txtsetup.sif is an essential file for setting up windows. It's also an essential file that hfslip modifies to add new files for install. If you don't have txtsetup.sif, then hfslip won't work for you either.

Found it with help from another forum. Its in the AMD64 folder. so it should work now right? Where would I put the drivers for SATA so I can slipstream them into the mix for a new xp pro 64 sp2 w/ sata drivers ? Are there more than one set of drivers I need to worry about or just the ones I got from my mobo manufactures web site?