HFSLIP64 v1.1.5 released

Tomcat76

modded E, installing on a VM as we speak.

first report: only two file copying errors during txtsetup: ie8props.propdesc and triedit.dll. An improvement.

Second report: rest of the setup went fine, no errors during gfxsetup.

Now I'm gonna check files versions/locations and registry entries. Also what MU wants.

Edited by jvidal

Ok, checked the registry entry for 951376, doesn't exist. Auto updates (and MU) want 951376 (plus 974112 & MRT).

bthport.sys NOT present in system32\drivers.

Alright, extracted it to system32\drivers and revisited MU. Now MU doesn't want it (only two updates offered: 974112 & MRT).

registry key still doesn't exist, though.

third step: installed 974112, MU is happy now (except for MRT).

attached is kb974112.log

I hope this helps, we're sooooo close now!

KB974112.zip

Edited by jvidal

Yes, this helps alot. I can't quite figure out the triedit thing yet, but I have a few other Qs. If you still have that VM where everything is almost happy, please compare the strmdll.dll & wstrmdll.dll files. See if they are exactly the same file version (or in other words just the filenames are different). Maybe do a checksum on them.

On a fresh installation, is the bthport.sys file located anywhere on the harddrive?

Can you give me a copy of your hfslip.cmd file that is inside the svcpack folder?

Is there a triedit.dll file anywhere on the harddrive?

Ok, here you go:

Triedit.dll is in c:\program files (x86)\common files\microsoft shared\triedit\

I don't know how this is possible, the file got copied anyway, despite the error message.

bthport.sys is nowhere to be found (except in c:\windows\driver cache\amd64\driver.cab).this was before I manually extracted it to c:\windows\system32\drivers\

strmdll.dll is located in c:\windows\syswow64

wstrmdll.dll is located in c:\windows\system32

The files are different, I compared their hashes. both are version 4.10.3938.

PD: Anyway, I wouldn't trust that registry entry, there were a LOT less entries than the amount of updates installed.

and, finally, here it is hfslip.cmd from sourcess\AMD64\SVCPACK

HFSLIP.zip

Edited by jvidal

Try this new beta out. Hopefully it remedies the malware tool and the bluetooth stack hotfix. You'll probably see the triedit.dll copy error still. When visiting WU, you'll more than likely just see that KB974112 is still not applied. Let's test this out before going further.

If you see that the malware tool isn't installed, please post your svcpack/hfslip.cmd file.

Ooops, don't know. I wasn't watching this time, I thought that bug was totally squashed.

Let me run it again.

edit:

well, no. Now it closes just a few seconds after IE processing starts.

Edited by jvidal

Our text editors are different, so our line counts are off. Search thru the script for ieprops.propdesc. There's two lines under ::tp_f. Delete those two echo lines after that. FWIW, all the changes I did this time have a :: tp_f there.

I think I found a workaround to test the script, witout an x64 disk. Well, sort of anyway. Can I get a copy of your source\amd64\sysoc.inf & source\amd64\drvindex.inf?

Sorry to put you through this, I think I was making too many changes at once...

I don't know about testing w/o the disk. What you CAN do is test w/o an x64 machine, using a VM.

here are the files you requested (i assume from the Source).

I'll test thye latest beta right now.

You don't need to apologize, it's in my interest too...

PD: while processing IE8, a bunch of "the system can not find the specified driver" appear...don't know what they mean.

SYSOC.INF

DRVINDEX.INF

Edited by jvidal