media keys

websee

hi, i was wondering if its possible to bind my keyboard media keys like Home, E-Mail, Favourites to start an application instead of starting my homepage in my webbrowser?

for example i want to bind Home to start my Media Center for my Home Theater

dont have any special software for my keyboard :(, isnt there any registly fix or 3rd party software which can fx that?

after all it changes which home page i get if i change the default web browser...

Edited by websee

Can you tell us what keyboard you have? Most of them say on the underside - for example, mine is a Microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard, so I use Microsoft's intellitype software to assign the keys to applications. If it's a logitech, they have their own. If it's another brand, look it up on their website; often you can find software there. Sometimes other companies brand MS keyboards; for example I've seen dell branded MS keyboards, so you may need to look closely to figure out who the manufacturer actually is.

i have a logitech internet navigator keyboard and i have a noname remote i bought from ebay which has no branding at all, nowhere. its the keys on that remote i want to reassign.

i tryed out the logitech itouch software, it indeed can reassign the media keys on my keyboard, but the media keys on the remote stay the way they were :(