nLite XP SP3 build 5503

Snake7

IPCONFIG: Hehe. How interesting. You can run it, see the dos box for a 1/4 of a second then it closes. going to a command prompt and running ipconfig will list DNS suffix, the IP Address, the Subnet Mask, and the Default Gateway. But, no configuration can be done unless you know what you are doing at a command prompt.

As far as sysinfo goes, sysinfo.exe does not exist and you must run msinfo32.exe to get to what you would normal see when you run sysinfo. (I am probably wrong about sysinfo.exe no longer exsisting, as I did not have all files and folders set to be displayed, including hidden system files/folders)

-edit: Oh, and to hack to make it appear a different version really isn't that hard if you know what files to manipulate. Trouble is, on recompiling, the Digital Signature would be invalid. (However, there are some really crafty Russians and Chinese and people from India that have the know how and the means to make a Digital Signature appear legit. But, as nuhi stated, I doubt anyone is that bored.

Edited by Mt.Dew

argument of being bored holds little water. there are sufficient commercial reasons to do that - bored or not.

jumping the gun without any official confirmation is pretty strange - releasing 1.4.5 b2 is supporting piracy imho.

Edited by pallavsuri

how difficult is it to hack/change build numbers anyway.

insert some malware in 3311, bump up the build number and re-release it.

What are you talking about? Have you checked the i386 folder? There are more then 1200 files having 5503 in their version number, and in the same time having a different build number (5.1.2600.5503, 5.2.... , 6.0.... )

Maybe this is not the final one (even if it is already "shared" as one), but it's almost there. And nobody will hack an illegal SP to be used on a few test systems. We all are waiting for the official release before using the SP on the main OS.

Edited by pmi

pallavsuri, supporting piracy? Because some crafty Chinese and Russians resigned the changed SP3 which is actually a virus in some wonder land? Or because we talk about the leaked SP?

We always talk about the leaked MS betas, don't insult me with such statements.

@nuhi my exact point why should anyone bother with "crafty Chinese and Russians resigned the changed SP3 which is actually a virus in some wonder land?"

nothing personal or not even trying to insult anyone here but providing official support for pirated releases is supporting what?

Not all Windows XP setup files have File Version info, it is actually Product Version, you will need to enable that in the column headers.

edit: actually they show different only for some file. Be careful with refresh, if not all dlls have the info scroll down, wait and refresh...so on.

Tone down the paranoia man, remember that there was never a fake SP, only fake news.

Edited by nuhi

I will support any SP that is released to avoid bug reports. Does not matter if they are real or not, I do not break compatibility with older versions, just adjust to generically support all.

What if nuhi has a chinese/russian friend that he wants to support? Who are you to tell him what he should/shouldn't support in HIS program?

If you dislike this just find another program to do what nLite does or code one yourself.

Edited by ssjkakaroto

haha there is no paranoia my friend nuhi...

the product version shot is attached for your kind perusal as well

good job with nlite/vlite

despite the good intentions supporting 5503 is supporting piracy dear friend :) (no insults intended) :ph34r:

catch you later :)

post-121756-1205699531_thumb.jpg

Edited by pallavsuri

ssjkakaroto, hehe, well I do not support illegal activities, so I would not support a hand-made SP. Also he is not talking against nLite, just that I promote unconfirmed beta.

I can only say that this is not the first leaked beta in the history that we should be that careful.

Edited by nuhi

pallavsuri, how do I support piracy?

You know for sure that I am not a beta tester?

Btw I counted more than 1200 file versions ending with 5503, meaning the build. If you cannot see that then why bother with more complicated matters.

You have to first EXTRACT the files to be able to read all versions.

Edited by nuhi

nuhi, I just find it irritating that people can't just ignore a change that won't affect them and start complaining and accusing like they work for M$ or something...

Working for MS and not knowing how to read a file's version by extracting the packed files ending with " _ " ? You're joking...