nLite XP SP3 build 5503

Snake7

nLite 1.4.x seems to be incopatible with XP SP3 build 5503.

Actually system gives some errors after installing. Themes service is not running at all if patched.

Some other problems.

I did not check logs 'couse of time.

Only I can say we shell check everything in a new version of nLite to work correctly with new XP.

I was already working on it since yesterday and wondering how come no one reported it.

Actualy not too much people knows about this build.

I found MS HDA drivers is already included in it.

Today evng I'll check the beta 2. Thanks

Anyone try this and still getting an invalid key error?

I'm downloading 5503 now, and I'm currently rebuilding a new SP3 image with the "Windows Activation and Sysrep" option checked off to see if that was the issue

I'm downloading 5503 now, and I'm currently rebuilding a new SP3 image with the "Windows Activation and Sysrep" option checked off to see if that was the issue

if you integrate sp3 in vista environment, you will get key error.

Work under XP only

hi

i slipstreamed sp3 build 5503 to my clean sp2 xp cd with my legit serial, and used nlite 1.4.5 latest beta 2 to make it unattended, but in middle of the installation it prompts me for serial... plz help

thanks in advance

Edited by shahed26

shahed26, wait SP3 final. Or search for any solutions, I am not sure if I am allowed to help with that. Just know it is not nLite's fault.

pallavsuri, no I can not. But hacked how? I have never heard of a fake SP release, I think no one is that bored.

if you integrate sp3 in vista environment, you will get key error.

Work under XP only

Ah, thanks for the heads up. My notebook only has Vista on it, and I was so confused heh

nuhi: Is this always going to be the case? Or will it hopefully change by the time the final SP3 comes out?

Greetings my fellow SP3 beta testers. I must admit, this new build version is a mysterious one. Slipstreaming to SP0 or SP2 still suffers from some files not being updated during integration. Nothing new about that since there is a thread about it. Again, SP1 image still remains the only source image to integrate into properly. Integrating into SP0 or SP2 still works, but like stated before, a few files do not update properly and the result of that could be nothing, or it could mean at some point, something might throw a fit in bizarre situations. Also, this mysterious 5503 build includes some 15 or so new files, and also has "spcompat.dll" instead of "spcompat.exe" in the \i386\update folder. The prior SP3 builds had spcompat.exe files. Taking 5503 to windows updates netted 2 updates for my equipment that none of the prior SP3 would pick up. Also, IE6 still has the crash bug, so the registry entry fix is still needed. This issues has been stated will be fixed when SP3 is final. 5503 will sometimes list the build number in system properties after install, sometimes it will not. In VM install, it will almost always not show the SP3 build version, but a real install will. This is because the registry key CSDReleaseType is failing to update properly, leaving it at default value of 0 (which does not list build version), changing it to a value of 1 will properly display the build version.

Lots of stuff for people to mull over. Among them being the huge jump in build number. Last I heard, 3380 would be final build.

well 3311 to 5503 for starters is a pretty big jump especially since there is nothing different compared to 3311 on the face of it.

how difficult is it to hack/change build numbers anyway.

insert some malware in 3311, bump up the build number and re-release it.

who knows?

the only reason for it to be legit is the new integration method needed.

btw, offtopic sysinfo and ipconfig commands no longer work in command prompt... what component is responsible?