WPI as Stand Alone App

Hello all,

I am trying to use WPI as a stand alone app for post image deployment installations. I have download 6.3, extracted to the C:\ of a WinXP SP2 workstation running IE7.

When I launch WPI.hta, I get the attached errors.

My intention is to have users run the HTA by browsing via UNC path and executing the HTA from a shared network folder.

Thanks

My intention is to have users run the HTA by browsing via UNC path and executing the HTA from a shared network folder.

FYI. UNC paths will not work with WPI. You must map the network folder to a drive.

I'm not sure why you could be getting these errors though. How are you launching WPI? Post your config.js file.

Zorphnog,

Now you have me feeling really ridiculous....I am not even finding a config.js

Here are the exact steps I have done:

Downloaded WPI, extracted it to the C:\

For testing, I then copied an executable to C:\WPI\Install

To run, I am double clicking on the WPI.hta located in C:\WPI

Am I missing the big picture?

Humbly,

Geemail

• 3 weeks later...

just tried your replacement wpi.hta file and get the same problems, and no havent changed anything in the ie7 files ive also tried removing ie7 and reinstalling it but still no luck! BUT i have had it working in vmware on my version of xp im currently making and worked fine there ????? think i may just go for a full OS reinstall lol would be quicker and easier i think lol

Have you checked your IE options to see if any security option disabled the option for a codified page to be saved on disk or perhaps a security policy is locking this access?

Was your XP source modified?

If so, please try again with a non-modified to source to compare results.

:)

yeah i had checked the settings and they where all correct and yes my xp was modified it was the black xp v12 but it wasn't any setting in that because i just reinstalled it and all is now great so it was just obviously something that went wrong during the installation the 1st time round.

but thanx for your sugestions!! i know for a fact ill get stuck again while making my wpi lol so expect to hear more from me :thumbup LOL