Safe Mode Issue

Hackez

Well on my ThinkPad T61P laptop I am having difficulty accessing safe mode. Pressing F8 at startup even on multiple attempts does not activate safe mode. Thus I have to enable safe mode via MSCONFIG which can be quite cumbersome. I have my A+, Network+ and am working towards my CCNA just so you guys are aware of my technical knowledge.

Does anyone know if a component removal can be causing this? I have attached my last session file so hopefully someone can help me narrow down this issue.

At first I assumed it was a keyboard/hardware issue but I had to send my laptop in for repair to Lenovo due to another reason and had them check the keyboard. They loaded up their OEM image and accessed safe mode without issue. (This isn't a driver issue either, I have ensured all necessary drivers are installed and are up to date)

LAST_SESSION.INI

on my ThinkPad T61P laptop

have you tried without removing this ?

; #drivers#

IBM Thinkpad

That was actually my first assumption as to what may be causing the problem. I just wanted to ensure you guys didn't see anything besides that which could be causing these issues. (Unfortunately I won't have the machine in my hands until Saturday/Monday depending) :sneaky:

Any additional help is appreciated,

Thanks

Edited by Hackez